TataSky is compulsory in some apartments

• Thread starter Thread starter Kalyan_1980
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 6,659
the question is... was he forced to get a Tata Sky dth connection?

i mean... tata sky is providing an extra functionality where you can see the guest that is arriving in the society. that is alright.

but is it compulsory for the people living in that society to get this functionality? could he stay with airtel and not avail this security feature?

Yes, my friend's friend surrender AirTel to my friend. Its is compulsory to use TataSky in that apartment.
Yes, tata sky is providing an extra functionality where you can see the guest that is arriving in the society. None other DTH not provided this.

Technically its not possible for any DTH to provide the customer premises video input thru its sat transmission.

Not through Sat Trans, from Security to his Tata Sky STB.

well technically its possible provided Tata installs an uplinking dish and uplinks the video feed to a sat --> ofcourse this is practically impossible and economically not feasible..infact its a solution that borders on insanity..but technically it can be done..In this case obviously its happening locally and not thru satellite

In many countries there is only 1-2 DTH providers, and most of them provide their service through same satellite. So in those countries Building/Apartments are provided with single community dish and internal cabling from dish to TV point is done by builder.I suspect Tata Sky may have some deal with builder (just my guess) so that a community dish is provided in building with internal cabling so people staying dont have any choice to install their separate dish, but have to take TATASKY connection, and security camera is NOT AT ALL reason for this.Do people leaving there install their own TATASKY dish or satellite signal is provided directly in their living rooms? If we know this, then it could be only reason for compulsory TATASKY connection.BTW I read few years ago that DISH TV had proposed community dish option which was strongly opposed by cable operators, as community dish option is still not scripted (perhaps) by TRAI. If cable operators/Other DTH providers comes to know about it, they can sue TATASKY for it :D

Tata Sky doenst have enough transponder, how are they going to do that over satellite? That too, if they are in this camera business, they will be doing it for 1000s of society. Its not possible as of now.

I have not heard or come across any such function of Tata Sky or any other DTH. It may not be official any hence it does not entitle any compulsion in a way it could be useful but unofficial use of such service might also lead to legal issues and at time of STB repair the technician might suspect an external uplink and will not take up any fault in the STB.

Even i have not heard or Seen any such thing. and As far as i know not DTH operator are providing this kind of Facility. Further its very wrong if they are forcing people to take Tata Sky connection. No one can force you to use a particular DTH. This is Just extorsion by Society owners rightly said by admin.

This matter should be brought to the notice of Tata Sky officials to avoid future problems as any fault in the STB will not be taken care of due to third party intervention!

Back