teracom T1-B-DSL699E9.4U6-5 modem connectivity problem ( no data light)

• Thread starter Thread starter arv_95
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 11,678

arv_95

ISP
BSNL Broadband
hi!!
i ve got a teracom T1-B-DSL699E9.4U6-5 modem which has been working for past five months.. but since last month the connection gets disconnected at times and the "data" light in the modem goes off.. but the "link" light is still blinking..
clicking the "connect" option in the internet connection menu of the modem solves the problem temporarily...
here's my ip configuration:

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : ARVIND
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : Yes
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : local.lan

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : local.lan
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : SiS 900-Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adap
ter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-01-50-01-D8-01
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.2
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, May 15, 2011 9:08:33 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, May 15, 2011 9:08:33 PM

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 2:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : TAP-Win32 Adapter V9
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-FF-DB-F9-26-F1

here's my connection info screenshots:
as9690's Public Library | Diigo
please help, coz my downloads are getting disrupted...thanks in advance...

here's my connection info screenshots:
as9690's Public Library | Diigo
please help, coz my downloads are getting disrupted...thanks in advance...

Uncheck A2 plus box also.

thanks for replying,but my internet connection configuration looks way different from yours,there is nothing called "Annex specific settings",another thing i noticed is that i dont have "voice configuration" on the left pane too.........i'm logging in using the default username and password:admin,could that be the reason?cos my username and password dont work.

You need to select " ADSL " in " Internet connection ".1. Try using a friend's modem and check. Simply use your ID and password in spare modem and check if you are able to connect.2. Check splitter and ethernet cable. Use a spare and check if you are facing same problems. Bypass splitter, connect directly to the modem and try.

i did select adsl under internet connection,but i didnt get those options.bypassing the splitter isnt an option coz it'll make my phone unusable.is it definitely a hardware problem(like something wrong with the wire) or can it be due to the modem's settings/software?i've been waiting for a week for these bsnl guys,please help....

Bypassing the splitter is not a permanent option. By that way you can make sure that the splitter is working properly. If not, change your splitter and check.

In this 1 week you could have tried to get a friend's modem and check it at your place. It will confirm whether it is a line fault or modem fault.

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

Try complaining here

http://mis.bsnl.co.in/pgs/internet/pgwebregn.asp

i bypassed the splitter,and it didnt work,so i dont think the splitter is at fault here.....thank you for the complaint link

hi,the problem has been solved,it seems the fault was on their side,they solved it from the exchange...thaks to essbebe and meetdilip from helping me:Thank You: if any of u experience problems with ur connection and if bsnl doesnt respond,try the complaint link above,it worked for me...

Back