The Official UPS Recommendation Thread

ISP
you telecom
i need an inverter for my system .When i used Su-kam 800VA sine wave inv. directly in UPS mode my system turned off automatically-power went away unexplainingly..obviously it could not function in UPS mode as claimed by the company..I nd 2 work on my pc evday & so i need an inverter just for my PC.Plz suggest which brand inverter will be the most reliable .I hv one 800VA UPS by Microtek that works fine but only 15 mins ...Plz tell me if i need to place one UPS in b/w my PC and inverter even though it's(inverter) really a UPS .I can afford an 800VA Inverter/UPS only...PLZ HLP FAST ...Its URGENT:wall:

is any1 gonna come forward & help?????????????:cry::mad::wall:

i need an inverter for my system .When i used Su-kam 800VA sine wave inv. directly in UPS mode my system turned off automatically-power went away unexplainingly..obviously it could not function in UPS mode as claimed by the company..I nd 2 work on my pc evday & so i need an inverter just for my PC.Plz suggest which brand inverter will be the most reliable .I hv one 800VA UPS by Microtek that works fine but only 15 mins ...Plz tell me if i need to place one UPS in b/w my PC and inverter even though it's(inverter) really a UPS .I can afford an 800VA Inverter/UPS only...PLZ HLP FAST ...Its URGENT:wall:

I use Microtek 800VA UPS cum Inverter and it's working perfectly...I get around 8-10 hours of backup and that's too on 19" CRT monitor...

Please help me....... ANYBODY!please. I have a serious pc problem.
I live in a town where power blackouts are very common and unpredictable. The problem is: My pc simply goes off and restarts on ups backup the moment there is a power blackout. This especially happens when i am playing games. I am using a nVidia 7900 GT card. I was using a Champion 600VA/360W ups.
I called computer techs for help and i was told that the ups is overloaded by playing games when there is a power blackout. All i wanted was the pc to operate for a few minutes when playing games, so that i can save whatever i was doing and properly shutdown my system. So, i was recommended to upgrade to a Champion 1000VA/600W ups.
I did the same. I charged the new ups for 12 hours. I ran a game( Age of empire 3 and Ghost recon2) while playing them i switched off the mains. The pc still went off and restarts on ups backup.
I simply dont know what to do. I dont know where exactly the problem is. I am a lay pc user and i do not know the technical details of a computer.
Could there be a problem in Graphics card or mother board or cabin power supply unit or any software settings? Should I upgrade to a better quailty and high capacity ups like APC 1300VA/780W or higher?

This is my system configuration:

[*]Mercury motherboard
[*]Inted Core duo 3.0 GHz processor
[*]Seagate 160 gb hard disk
[*]1 gb RAM ( 2 512 mb RAM cards)
[*]Sony DVD RW disk drive
[*]NVidia GeForce 7900 GT card
[*]Zebronics Lava cabin with two inbuilt fans and a 400W power supply unit
[*]Samsung 17 inch LCD monitor (Syncmaster 740n)
[*]Champion 1000VA/600W online ups
[*]Logitech keyboard and mouse
[*]Creative speakers with woofer
[*]Cannon ip1300 pixma inkjet printer
[/list]I have connected only the CPU and monitor to the ups and nothing else.
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE RECOMMEND A GOOD UPS FOR THE ABOVE CONFIGURATION WHICH CAN KEEP THE PC RUNNING ESPECIALLY WHEN PLAYING GAMES FOR A FEW MINUTES SO THAT THERE IS TIME TO SAVE THE GAME AND PROPERLY SHUTDOWN THE PC?

Please feel free to share your ideas to shed some light in my pc problem. I would greatly obliged for your kind help.

^^The power cuts are too frequent at my area, and i have the same problem as you are experiencing, the computer restarts always(whether i am playing games or listening to music or internet surfing.... ) as the power goes off.... Its very annoying problem :( :mad: . I cannot figure out where the problem is(and am confused :confused: ) as i have recently replaced my Power supply as well as UPS Battery... Surprisingly the guy from whome i got power supply says my UPS is faulty and the guy from whome i got my UPS battery replaced says my power supply is defective :madness: ..a funny situation though..

looks like you guys need more than 1 UPS to pump uninterrupted power through your PC without a restart. i have a similar problem. my UPS won't take the load to start my PC during powerless times. when i start the cabinet and proceed to switch the monitor, the cabinet stops receiving power and the monitor starts. and it when i switch the cabinet, it won't start until i switch off my monitor. never had a problem like restarting though. if the problem goes, my UPS handles the load perfectly. that is until i switch off the monitor cause if i try switching it back again then my cabinet stops receiving power. my monitor size is 19 inch. that's the problem. mid range UPS will only handle 14 inch monitors. don't know if you have multiple hard drives and graphics and shit.

^^ No, i dont think i need more UPS, i had 17" CRT monitor and now temporarily(for diagnosing the problem) have TFT-LCD monitor....same thing happens even though LCD consumes much less power than CRT... :( :cry:

Back