Thinking about buying a New Mobile Phone - Which brands are good and which ones to avoid?

• Thread starter Thread starter IrishIndian
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 5,542
Yes, Post your requirements here. But for parental use I always suggest Motorola devices. Others can tolerate those issues like ads etc. But at least Let's give parents the ad-free experience of stock Android on Motorola devices.

Avoid all current phones from bbk electronics none of them support the jio's n28b 700 MHz coverage band. I suggest you to wait for newer phones that include all 5g bands in India especially the mmwave and 600 MHz band

here's what I am looking for :

screen : amoled - 90hz/120hz
cpu - sd 600 series or 700 series
os - android 12 - stock android if not then good custom os support.
updates - as many as they can provide.
budget - 15-20k

so far I was able to shortlist -

phones from xiaomi/Redmi - xda community is really active and custom os are frequently released. realme/Oppo have really shit custom os support.

Samsung because of their 4 year os updates but they are costly.

I am waiting for redmi note 12 but I don't know when that will release.

I'm okay in waiting till diwali. got any suggestions?

For anyone with Ad free experience, either deepen your wallet, kr go for Moto phones. The only drawback I feel for Moto devices is slow updates, but it doesn't matter if you believe in Quality over Quantity of updates.

Besides, Moto pushes majority of its updates via Play Store so no real need to wait for long time from manufacturers.

Though cannot say how the other features are, but Samsung M33 5G has NFC and is of 120 Hz (no AMOLED I think).
Also Exynos - so yeah, there are trade-offs with the price criteria.

With 5G launch round the corner and Jio buying 700 Mhz in all circles, opt for only those models that support 5G on 700 Mhz band.
People using Samsung have reported soft bricking during auto update, seems to be Exynos related. So that would also be a point of concern

Back