Ok. Added me to the list of Victims who get threatening calls from some Lawyer [Raju Saxena] who would charge me with Section 420, 437, 440 against my outstanding bill. He is apparently getting a warrant issued in my name and I would hence have to appear in the court soon. I have had similar but a lot more rude calls from the collection departments in past as well. Here's the recording for the call originating from phone number 077340382204 :

tikona lawyer threatening - Google Drive

Background: I also started having issues with my Tikona Connection [Speeds dropping to sub 400Kbps & latency crossing 2000ms during peak hours] & they wasted about 1 1/2 to 2 months in trying to resolve the issues. I realised that the speed/latency issues were because the access point in my building was overloaded after some cyber cafe's connection was activated when I started questioning the Tikona Engineers who visited. I hence requested for a disconnection and as usual they assured that the request will be processed within 15 days and that I will not be charged during this period + will also get a refund for the days since the issue was originally reported.

I have several recordings of my conversations with Tikona Care which show my clear intent to close the connection at the earliest and several follow-up when I didn't get the assured callback to close the connection. I was also asked not to pay the last Bill by the Tikona Representative himself on more than once instance - They assured me that a settlement will happen post the disconnection request is complete and I would then have to either pay the reminder or will get a refund of any excess charges. The calls also show how lethargic & ignorant Tikona has been in handling this entire situation.

Now: I'm planning to file a legal case against Tikona for Mental Harassment, false charges/threatening and the bad internet service experience. I'm willing to spend any amount of money needed for such [of course in a very sane manner] + I’m not looking for any monetary gains out this. I just want Tikona to learn a lesson and think twice before they employ such horrific tactics to harass consumers

I hereby request all the experts to guide me through the process

Great Madhusudhan, We must take stand against this kind of fraud company. I told them whatever action they want to take, they can. But i am also going to file a case against Tikona for mental harassment and threatening. I have all evidence against them and you also have the recording. I have called them for cancellation for my subscription before it expired but they did not disconnected. And this was their fault not mine.

@amish & Micky.... i'm game. We can start off as soon as we have a plan

I guess what we need now is an expert opinion from someone with in-depth knowledge of these applicable laws

[emoji20]

Any other experts from Bangalore?
Or perhaps Amish or Micky are from Delhi

Amish is not even on Tikona. And he is from Mumbai to the best of my understanding :) Micky appears to be from Gujarat.

Hoping @vebk would at least help us with the direction

Yep I am from Mumbai and using MTNL. I had just given suggestions to unite and fight! :)

Was good for me over 2 years. Constant speeds above 4 Mbps with sub 10ms latency but it went downhill over the last few months and never improved. Customer Service was always hopeless

Back