Tikona Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter krish_88
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 97
  • Views Views 201,498
They are using unlicensed spectrum - there is no legal requirement to have a WiMax license/spectrum allocation. Unfortunately this means that if a competitor comes in and starts broadcasting on the same frequency as them, their service will probably stop working altogether for you.
In my area, a certain politician's agent has right of way for cables. so neither BSNL, nor tata, nor airtel can serve me without levying excess charges. and the wimax providers present are only tikona and RCom-which are unlicensed. :( BSNL is even worse....its GSM signal is very weak(forget wimax).

In my area, a certain politician's agent has right of way for cables. so neither BSNL, nor tata, nor airtel can serve me without levying excess charges. and the wimax providers present are only tikona and RCom-which are unlicensed. :( BSNL is even worse....its GSM signal is very weak(forget wimax).

BSNL should have ROW, being a government organization. Seems a bit stupid otherwise. Also, GSM and Wimax are different: sometimes the transmitters may be on the same tower for the sake of convenience (and not having to build/buy/lease another tower), but that's about it.

FTR, which politician/area are we talking about?

ppl hare pls don't go behind tikona for its cheap tarrifs!!! the quality of the service is cheaper and their customer service is the cheapest!!! i stayy in bangalore, and i took a 599 512kbps plan... i hardly get 300kbps!!

Tikona is the worst kind of interner service atleast in terms of management. I was cheated in the month of April for which Tikona was supposed to refund my amount and till date they haven't resolved the issue. They are assigning docket numbers but of no use. I already have a bunch of docket numbers assigned but no one is responsible. Now to say how I was cheated. There a sales guy Mr. Shiva, who visited my house and promised that within 5 days I give get a new connection and for which I have paid the amount. Later even after 10 days I didn't get the connection and when asked for it, I was told that there is no feasibility in my area and I cannot get the connection. When asked for my refund, all I get is lame excuses. Now its more than 5 months that I have waiting patienly but I lost my patience and I am planning to file a case in consumer forum.

My suggestion: What does it benefit if the management is not capable of answering a simple query even though the technical service is good. For time being it works but in the long run, the customer will be a scape goat. Think about it...

Note: I have no clue about the technical service.

Regards,
Kamalakar

If someone make me a offer to publicise Tikoan's bad bad services I will pay to him. First thing they are not Braodband service, I had 512 Kbps plan and it was like 64 Kbps. Second it won't work in rainy season. Third you even complaint to Nodel people about bad service they wont get back to you. Forth you can't have Wi-Fi in your home you always have to plug-in the cable. Fifth you can't make payments online their Payment pages are always down.Sixth to get the connection get ready to access any page you have to wait for 5 long minutes by the time modem (white box) start recieving signal.Seventh the box need to be kept in the window facing the Tikona tower.Eight you won't get speed(which is already low) in peak hours.Ninth the connection is not consistent, it comes in wave form so in every 5 sec connection dips, you can't enjoy a decent video on YouTube of 1 min in 512 Kbps speed. Tenth they don't have fair practices, they given me some-one else UserID and Password when my connection was down. Eleventh, never ever trust on the sales guy commitments, they sold me a connection even when my area was not under full coverage and above it their Nodal(senior management) they also tried to hide mistake of their staff.So if anyone had never enjoyed a worst service with ugliest support then choose Tikona.

My nightmare starts from application and still continuing though I have applied for disconnection. I applied for a tikona connection by putting a request on their website. Greatest mistake of my life ...1. It took a week to get the engineer after atleast 3-4 calls and 3-4 promises2. Engineer blame each other, sales blame engineers , engineers blame sales... :-)3. Speed was good for 1 day after installation there after it was so slow that even bandwidth test sites were not opening up. 4. Each call to customer care goes with a reply , soon you will get a sms and an engineer will contact you and your problem will be resolved latest by next day 2:00 PM...... None of this happens in real...neither any SMS comes nor engineer visits and not the speed improves..5.My connection went active on 17th Dec 2010 and in 13 odd days till 30th Dec 2010 I had lodged 8 request for poor speed. almost 1 every day.6. Finally wisdom came to me , on 1st January I applied for disconnection.7. Apathy yet to be continued.... They are not ready to tell me how much money I will get back.. What is the status of processing and when the engineer shall visit to collect the instrument..8. after 8 request for poor service, I have already made 4 request for disconnection.....CAN ANYBODY HELP ????Read on the website ( browsed thru my office internet ) that a poor chap had even called MD ( MD also took his user id and vanished away :0 ) seems company is inefficient from top to bottom...

The customer service/post installation support of Tikona is PATHETIC. I got the connection installed a week back. I have been chasing their customer support since the date of installation for configuration of static ip and no one has reverted back yet. Whenever you call at their call centre, you are more likely to be informed that their servers are going upgrade or maintenance and information couldn't be retrieved. My connection has been inactive since last 3 days and despite several calls to cusotmer care and nodal officer, i am still not able to access internet using tikona.They are quicker at installation but once the connection is installed, you have no doors to knock!Earlier i had been cursing MTNL of poor customer service but not Tikona has made it to the top of my list for worst customer support!!Try at your own risk!

Me too saw a demo(10 days back) on my desktop(not in their laptop). They always come with a 2 mbps plan & say please dont download(while showing demo) any heavy files as we were given only 150 MB limit per day. 2 of my friends has already have it & one of them has the Access point(getting Rs.8000 per year as rent) installed in his house terrace which i can see from my house even though he is 2 streets away from me. Still i'm in dilemma to go for it as i'm not ready to shell out nearly Rs.1500 for testing the service....

Back