Tikona Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter krish_88
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 97
  • Views Views 201,498
Getting good reliable and cost effective internet in MUMBAI is very difficult .Out of other ISP's i have checked Tikona is having one of the most user friendly plans i am using unlimited plan with excellent technical support what else you expect from any ISP !!!! .
I am very pleased with their plans , and technical support they provide .

I don't been to nitpick, but your location say's you're in Pune... and your experience seems to contradict reports from some other users here and on the other broadband forum and on consumercomplaints.in, where they have an unusually high number of complaints compared to similarly sized ISPs.

Can you enlighten us with some specific experiences where they've been particularly helpful when you've had a problem or justification as to why you're of the opinion that they have the most user friendly plans? Their unlimited postpaid plans are all more expensive than MTNL - which to the best of my understanding isn't doing so well in the customer service department either, but they are Rs100 cheaper for 512k and Rs400 cheaper for 1mbit/s, and Airtel's Max 30, 75 & 150 plans *and* Airtel's Turbo 30, 75 & 150 plans all give you better bang for your buck at that level (compared to the "bonus bandwidth" plans), and let us not forget Reliance or Fivenet.

This is the way I see it, anyway - is there something you know that I or the other forum users don't?

I don't been to nitpick, but your location say's you're in Pune... and your experience seems to contradict reports from some other users here and on the other broadband forum and on consumercomplaints.in, where they have an unusually high number of complaints compared to similarly sized ISPs.

Can you enlighten us with some specific experiences where they've been particularly helpful when you've had a problem or justification as to why you're of the opinion that they have the most user friendly plans? Their unlimited postpaid plans are all more expensive than MTNL - which to the best of my understanding isn't doing so well in the customer service department either, but they are Rs100 cheaper for 512k and Rs400 cheaper for 1mbit/s, and Airtel's Max 30, 75 & 150 plans *and* Airtel's Turbo 30, 75 & 150 plans all give you better bang for your buck at that level (compared to the "bonus bandwidth" plans), and let us not forget Reliance or Fivenet.

This is the way I see it, anyway - is there something you know that I or the other forum users don't?
You noticed something? the user has only one post and he's the only one who is having a very good impression of Tikona, so I strongly suspect that the person is connected to Tikona in some way, and that it's a kind of ad or something.

----------

Looks like my presence here on the forum has paid up !
Last night Tikona persons came up to my place, and offered me a connection. I flatly refused, I didn't know why. But now I think it was like sixth sense...

Do one need any special wifi modem for ticona, or it just works with your existing wifi-card?

Customer has also appreciated Nilesh via Mail: I called up customer care regarding that (kindly refer request no- 1-1962848718) and talked to Mr. Nilesh Borate, found him very satisfactory, infact I wish to appreciate his action in handling customers. He tried all his ways to retain a going customer.

Hi,I am Vishal . I reside in Mumbai. I am very happy with my service provider (TIKONA) as I am able to connect my Samsung mobile to wireless connection.I got the setting from Tikona’s Toll free number 1-800 209 4276, the technical guy guided me all the step for setting in my mobile ON LINE immdietately. I don’t think any service provider gives you a technical guy on line. The engineer guided me with the steps. Its very simple. Now I can do setting with my other mobile also. Thanks to ‘Tikona for such a wonderful options.

Hi,I was able to use the WIFI services with his own router but suddenly was unable to do so. When checked with the technical team he was told that WIFI is chargeable. Customer was irate as said that its his own router then why shud he pay the charges. Also he infm that the sales exec had given him commitment that the wifi will not be charged.Resolution: Nilesh has tried to take the technical team online but was unable to do so. Hence, he had escalated the matter to them. Also kept proper follow-up & called the cust back as promised to him. Customer is now able to login through his own Router.Thanks. Thanks a lot. I really appreciate it.

I have also appreciated Nilesh via Mail: I called up customer care regarding that (kindly refer request no- 1-1962848718) and talked to Mr. Nilesh Borate, found him very satisfactory, infact I wish to appreciate his action in handling customers. He tried all his ways to retain a going customer.

found him very satisfactory

Ohh really :laugh:

infact I wish to appreciate his action in handling

:highlyamused:

Please dont take connection am suffering a lot after taking this TIkona..... I have taken 2MBPS plan for Rs 1499.... Upto 36 GB 2mbps there after 1 mbps..... At first I have called customer care 10 times for net not working in that it will take 20mins to connect to the person u can speak to there after u have follow up each time and scold a bit otherwise nothing will happen. After I given a request to disconnection they have finally fixed the net which works fine now.... but the speed is pretty bad.... for 2mbps u will get a variable download speed in which it will vary from 10kbps to 240 kbps most of i,e it is fixed to 90 to 120 not more.... And after completing 36GB download limit it reduced to 1 Mbps which is totally shit speed in which u will never get 1 mbps speed I get only 580kbps (download speed of 60kbps).... now again I have placed complaint for this which no body is bother to provide the answer and if u call and ask they will tell u that "u will get only this much if u want 1mbps then u need to take leased line".So I have decided to disconnect it forever but for this even I have called 3 to 4 times for updates but not no proper response

Back