Tikona Broadband

Just avoid.......climattic changes affect the speeed and loses connectivity

Never take this connection...one of the worst ISP present in india....

If you take it now then surely you will also be writing a review here in this same forum again someday about how pathetic your experience was. Somethings do look tempting but they are not as good as they look.

If Tikona is even the only ISP in the world I’d rather stop using internet than too go for it! & I’m serious about it.The company is being run by a bunch of thugs.I’m based in South Delhi & I registered my query with JustDial for ISPs who can cater to my area.Quite a few number of calls came with variety of plans. Among them there was a call from one Ms. Shalini from Tikona. She told me about a plan offered by Tikona in which, on a monthly Rental of Rs. 250+taxes, I’ll get 256kbps. Additional benefit was that upto a traffic of 200MB the bandwidth shall be 2Mbps. She added that there is an installation charge of Rs. 1,000/-, which shall get halved, if I agree to pay two months’ rental+taxes in advance. On enquiring about the first bill amount, she clarified that it would be Rs. 500/- for installation and two months rental+taxes would be Rs. 560/-, hence the first bill would be of Rs. 1,060/-. I opted for it on the promise that the connection shall be made active the next day of making the payment.Next day, their guy came (an un-adultrated dumbo!), filled up the form & took the cash.SO FAR SO GOOD!!Now my ordeal started. After numerous phone calls to their office & to Shalini, the connection was activated at the end of the 4th day. It was a wired connection (& after about 4 months & n-number of complaints, the wire is still scattered in my home without being properly cabled). I was yet to understand that this false promise was only the tip of the iceberg.The connection was activated on 18th Oct. 10 & the first thing I did was to check the website of Tikona about their charges and found that the installation charge was Rs. 500/- only. On raising the matter with Shalini, she blatantly declared that the site contains outdated info.For the first one & half months, there were frequent downtimes, I beared with it.Then from Dec. end calls started coming for payment. On being told that I have paid two months advance rental @ Rs. 280/- incl. taxes, to my utter shock, I was told that there was never such plan and the plan sold to me was a Rs. 499/- p.m. plan.On contacting Shalini, she refused to talk & shamelessly disconnected my call.Now, it’s been close to two month I’m fighting for justice & they, at first kept on calling me for making payment while increasing my outstanding billing and now have resorted to blackmailing by disconnecting my internet connection.And for my numerous complaints, neither any one of them has been resolved nor there is any call back.And the best-part..THEY NEVER PROVIDE ANY COMPLAINT REFERENCE NNUMBER

Dear friend , i will not suggest to use tikona broadband . as it is the worst service provider . most of users are opting as they think is cheeper for unlimited uses . but as for me it not cheaper conection . and most of time sever is down . or most to the time your router will not able to communitcate with the nearest access point . second they have customer support from 9 am 10 pm . what if your internet is not working after 10 pm you cannot do anything. and next morning you call the customer care they will tell you they send engineer in 24 hour . next 24 hour you not able to access internet till the engineer comes. third point . now i tellyou is most expensive broadband service . suppose you opt for rs500 /per month payment for unlimited download . and you if you are not able to access for 10 day due to server down . that means you are lossing money for 10day. so you per month payment will be about RS 630 per/month plus your time waist. now if you check the upload speed . you will not get more then 120 kbps . 4 th point . suppose you have advance paid Rs 2000 for 3 month. and after using 5 days you come to know the internet service is very poor . and you want get the money back . then they will not going the return any of your money. but they you send you one nice email with 0 amount .so my friend don't go for tikona broandband . i am too very furstated with the service . and now i am going to apply for other company service . i better suggest the going good company who can support 24x7 service .

I agree with thr server problem but doesnt goes down completely in my case. Thr tech staff is available till 11pm and some of them talk like 'bhai log' and some are really good. I prefer to email them abt my issue and i get response within 24hrs (written + call) . Little annoying part is that they send sms everyday to inform abt the bill payment after its generated :angry: and 1 or 2 calls in the end. Nice plans but no speed on demand feature like airtel :( and the upload speed is worse like 10-15kbps on 512kbps....

Dear sid , if the upload speed is good . it will take long time to send email . or upload your pic on on social networking site . i better suggest some delhi/ncr people to use mobile internet rather then using tikona broadband . i have tested vodafone 2g internet . is it better then tikona broadband in delhi.

Back