• Thread starter Thread starter ganesh177
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,955

ganesh177

Regulars
ISP
BSNL broadband
I am using Utorrent software for downoading torrent movies. I wounder why does it shows upload size of data while i am downloading the file. For 700 mb movie file it almost shows 300 mb in uploaded section. Does it really mean i uploaded something? If yes ... what ? And suppose if i am downloading same file from link-removed does the same amount of upload takes place? If no, then will it make sense if i would say downloading from link-removed would be faster than torrent.:P

well the upload section indeed shows how much u uploaded to the other peers also downloading the file like you. yes downloading from link-removed would be faster in most cases. while downloading from link-removed you are only uploading a few KBs while downloading close 1GB. The upload done while downloading from link-removed does not contain the parts of file one is downloading rather some pieces of information telling the server that the last data downloaded was recieved successfully and to request for another piece of data. In the case of utorrent you keep uploading not only the same information but also upload actual file parts, same part multiple times to multiple peers. So if one has a download capped plan then he will end up exhausting his limit faster by using utorrent than by using link-removed.:)

to MACthanks now i also clear about utorrent. Now plz plz telll why utorrent r so slow like 0.1kb thts crazy. some time it have 15-16kb. plz why they so slow. may i getting anything wrong

you need to do port forwarding in your modem or try disabling your firewall. in most cases disabling firewall will do.

in utorrent go to option speed guide -> test if port is forwarded properly.

if you get okay in browser. port is forwarded properly. otherwise you need to do port forward in modem.

check PortForward.com

Speeds in torrents depend on your over all connectivity to the swarm of peers and seeds. Also depends if the torrent is infact popular.try with a private tracker torrent. with lots of seeds.and then check the speedsAND Yes as demi said connection configuration of utorrent is very very IMPORTANT.:)

Back