Transfer Jio eSim to a new iPhone

Also if you try to run VPN on router level ie. On openwrt then VoWiFi won't connect. Because carrier use IP filtering at their end for VoWifi establishment (Thats how they know you are on international roaming even if you are using VoWifi)

This does work at the moment, that's why I said what I said (atleast on Pixel w/ Android 10) and you're supposed to use residential IP, I thought these were understood, sorry for the confusion.

Like @pillaicha said it does work on airplane mode for a short while, long enough for you send sms, call and whatever else you want to do.

Edit: If you're doing this on android, by default if latency is higher than certain ms it won't even try but you can change this while building your system image or if have write permission on / I guess.

I've done this, but i'm in india. changed from pixel 4a to iPhone Xr.

Have you tried sending message like +91199 :D
Just tried. Both 199 and +91199 fail when roaming internationally. My fault, I should have never moved to eSIM

Here's a tip. Send both phones to a relative's house in India, ask them to take it to Jio and get the sim swapped to the new phone, ship the new phone back to you! Problem solved!

Last edited:

Back