TV5 Monde

• Thread starter Thread starter anoopes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 4,439

anoopes

ISP
DataOne
i'm planning to take Dish TV as my second connection. I'm using asianet digital cable in kerala.in the Dish TV A-La-Carte pack section, there is a french channel called TV5 Monde. and its cost is mentioned Rs.149 per month.at Rs.200 p.m. asianet is giving 125 channels including TV5 Monde. then why Dish Tv is charging this much? r they cheating customers who wish to watch french channels?

how can they cheat when you decide whether you want to pay for that channel or not?

how can they cheat when you decide whether you want to pay for that channel or not?

did u mean that a dish tv subscriber who wants to watch this channel have to give them this much money when the same channel is given by others as free? or whether that subsriber has to take additional cable or DTH connection to watch that cahnnel?

where is TRAI and what the hell they are doing? They have to regulate these DTH companies

Admin, I differ on what you just said. PPV does not mean that anyone can charge whatever they want to. For our kind information, TV5 Monde is an FTA ch and Dish TV is actually cheating their customers by charging Rs.150pm for the same !

from what i see there is no regulation in india from TRAI stopping DTH companies to sell channels at whatever prices they want to. i think the rules were made for CAS. DTH companies were spared. customers are given an option. they are not being forced to pay 150 bucks for it. from what i see. it is not really cheating.

The 2 channels could be different .. Doublecheck...

customers are given an option. they are not being forced to pay 150 bucks for it. from what i see. it is not really cheating.

admin bhai, where is the option? we dont have any option but to pay them 150 bucks or whatever they ask for, if we want to watch TV Monde.

i think that TRAI will not interfere unless all these DTH companies start earning profits (of course, at our cost)

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

The 2 channels could be different .. Double check...

two channels are for asia

TV5MONDE Pacifique ( for Japan - Oceania) and TV5MONDE Asie (for rest of Asia)

TV5MONDE - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The one that we get on Dish TV is TV5 Monde Asie (Asia) and THIS ch is an FTA ch. So charging for an FTA is actually unfair !

Back