Ubuntu 10.10 and the Ubuntu Font Family

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 65
  • Views Views 19,848
hehe. i installed it on the same edition. windows 7 64bit. on a desktop though. i installed the 32bit edition of ubuntu though. have you downloaded the iso file?

Weird - it got installed. I followed comment from this link - wubi installer’s pyrun.exe says “no disk” | they.misled.us
I had this same ‘no disk’ problem with Vista. After reading this thread, I just kept hitting the continue button (many, many times) and finally got the install window to open. Don’t give up!

Me too got that error dialog window with Options - Cancel, Try Again & Continue (Oh! I didnt took snap of it). After clicking 'Continue' button continously for 10-15 times, I got next installer window, and Ubuntu 10.10 was installed. Now back to usual business! have to install Wireless card & etc stuff :)

ah cool. it seems to work great out of the box on my desktop and wife's laptop. you must have a weird wireless card.

If my laptop was weird, my friend's laptop would be weirdest. We tried installing Ubuntu through WUBI on his laptop having Win 7 Professional. We actually left installation running and didnt notice whats going on. After installation was complete, it had installed Ubuntu 10.04 :o
We had downloaded Wubi.exe from Ubuntu's site, and started installation, yet no idea why it installed older version. BTW when he had googled Ubuntu earlier before installation, he got 1st result showing Ubuntu 10.04 :confuse:
(Its not weekend, & I dont drink Alcoholic drinks :) )

well the wubi that is available on ubuntu site is still configured to download 10.04.1.

at least it was when i last checked. the latest version is updated after a couple of days i believe.

that's why i gave you the copy from the ISO file. it is for 10.10. so nothing was weird ;D

---------- Post added at 03:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 AM ----------

i cannot check if they have updated it because on running the file from here Download | Ubuntu tells me to uninstall wubi first.

but it does show the version it would download. it does not automatically pick the latest from the ubuntu server.

---------- Post added at 03:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 AM ----------

the best way to install using wubi is to download the iso file and extract wubi.exe from it. run wubi with the ISO file in the same folder and it would install it from that ISO without downloading anything new.

Thanks Admin. I have 10.10 installed now, so no worries for me. I installed it from WUBI shared by you earlier, while my friend downloaded WUBI from ubuntu.com's Windows installer, reason for which he got 10.04 as you said.Now need to configure it for WiFi and other things. BTW the Window panel buttoms (Maximise, Minimise, Close) are coming on Top Left like Apple OS, how can we get it to Top Right like Windows OS?

for that. there is a simple setting change that you can apply. easier method would be to switch to a different theme. the theme i like has windows 7 like buttons on the right side. let me find out the hack for the default theme...

---------- Post added at 04:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 AM ----------

ooh. Ubuntu Tweak - Let's rock with Ubuntu this makes it an easy option. i remember changing it myself using some config file or something. but this should be easier. :)

I Love Ubuntu 10.10, reason being it setup my WiFi in 1st go after installing driver :yahoo:Besides other options are also cool. Yesterday I used it for 4-5 hours and I didnt felt like I am missing Windows for anything. I used for office applications, games, customised it, browsed internet, and didnt observe any issue. Also Video flickering which was seen in 10.04 was not seen.

Good going dude :D

Back