Ubuntu 10.10 and the Ubuntu Font Family

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 65
  • Views Views 19,848
Finally upgraded to Ubuntu 10.10 using update manager.Its much better than the previous version.

ooh. Ubuntu Tweak - Let's rock with Ubuntu this makes it an easy option. i remember changing it myself using some config file or something. but this should be easier. :)
Ubuntu Tweak is great option. Now I am able to get buttons on Right top corner like Windows. Thanks :)

BTW did anybody notice any drop in internet speed with 10.10. Since I have installed it, I am getting very low speed on my WiFi broadband. Below is speedtest result on 10.10

https://www.speedtest.net

And just after few minutes I restarted my laptop with Windows and got below result

https://www.speedtest.net

So is there any issue with broadband/WiFi speed on Ubuntu 10.10. (I was feeling lucky to get WiFi started so easily this time)

As far as I know...All the new versions of Ubuntu/Mint suffers from Internet problem...They get rectified within a week or so with new updates...I am not sure why this occurs...But It is happening to most wireless users...

@ SVK : Internet Speed is same , but I am using a wired connection.
Hmm, need to see on wire connection. After WiFi started working, I didnt really used Wire connection. But I guess it was fast as all initial upgrade happened faster when wire was connected. Now even for 20 MB download it is taking long time which happend in seconds on wired connection.

As far as I know...All the new versions of Ubuntu/Mint suffers from Internet problem...They get rectified within a week or so with new updates...

I am not sure why this occurs...But It is happening to most wireless users...
I am really worried to upgrade/modify Wireless driver as I doubt if it breaks again :)
But if no choice then would have to do it.

@SVK can you mention you computer specs and/or wireless card specs.

@SVK can you mention you computer specs and/or wireless card specs.
I have Dell Inspiron 1545, Dual core processor, 4GB RAM, 250 GB HDD. I am not sure about Wireless card, but I guess its Broadcom based.

I have Dell Inspiron 1545, Dual core processor, 4GB RAM, 250 GB HDD. I am not sure about Wireless card, but I guess its Broadcom based.

broadcom released source of the wifi driver

mostly ubuntu gets all the hardware driver out there just need some time to integrate into the kernel ...

or else you can get those driver and install then into your pc ....

broadcom released source of the wifi driver

mostly ubuntu gets all the hardware driver out there just need some time to integrate into the kernel ...

or else you can get those driver and install then into your pc ....
I had installed Broadcom's driver from Synaptic manager, after which I got Wireless option enabled and working. Now the only problem is the speed is very slow on Wireless.

Back