Ubuntu 7.10 is the hotness :)

• Thread starter Thread starter vishalrao
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 117
  • Views Views 20,183
hah! Finally, I'm succesfully on Gutsy.BTW, they've included pretty nice support for bluetooth devices by default this time.lovin it :thumbsup:

great, congrats! i just downloaded the ISO a few minutes ago. but i prefer to stick with openSUSE 10.3. maybe i'll install it on my 5-yr old laptop. plus i have to convince my office sys admin to upgrade me from 7.04 to 7.10 !

cool. does gusty include gimp 2.2 or 2.4? plus, another cool feature of gnome 2.20's evolution email program is that it tries to warn you if you forget to attach an attachment in an outgoing email :) very helpful since a lot of people forget that and send a repeat email saying "sorry, here is the attachment"

i hope Dell has taken care of it. i guess i would disable indexing too coz i dont use it much on vista... inform a puri. he is using ubuntu on his lenovo...

"inform" or you "informed" dr. a.puri? i dont have him on my IM list...

So I'm finally on Gutsy. Lovely.And no random hangings, looks like disabling powernowd worked.But I have one question. I have tried many repository servers, and none of them is giving me speeds more than 30 Kbps, when I expect around 215-230 Kbps on a 2 Mbps connection. Which repos do you guys use?

i used indian servers. worked fine for me most of the time. other time japanese or singapore...

Back