Ubuntu 7.10 is the hotness :)

• Thread starter Thread starter vishalrao
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 117
  • Views Views 20,183
There is only 1 Indian server, of IIT Madras. Giving me horrible speeds. You can't experience the difference on 256 Kbps.

try the ping command and see if the best server it picks give you good speeds.

try a european server, sweden, france, norway... i use the default (indian) coz my connection doesnt go more than 256kbps anyways...oh and by the way, yay, you are on gutsy, pclinuxos suxx, right? :P

refrain... refrain... refrain... refrain... refrain... refrain... refrain... refrain... refrain... refrain... refrain... refrain... refrain... refrain... refrain... refrain... refrain... refrain... refrain... refrain... refrain... refrain... refrain... refrain...

are you trying to control yourself, or asking me to refrain from poking apoorv??? :P

im off to try the new fingerprint project Main Page - fprint project

i want you to refrain from doing what u are doing! i am sure u know what i am talking abt here :)

gotcha, no more trolling from me

OFFTOPIC:If I restart X in Ubuntu using Ctrl + Alt + Backspace, will it kill my apt-get downloads in the shell? What I mean is is it like a restart in Windows or like a Windows Explorer End Task.?-------------------------------------It restarts the bloody machine. All work goes up in smoke. Anyway, the reason I asked was, I edited the xorg.conf file to make it recognize the scroll wheel of my Microsoft Optical Mouse and wanted to restart X to make it run with the new config. There is a bug filed and resolved in VMWare forums regarding the same. And wheel works now.

Hmm.. Good question. Try it and let us know. My guess is it will, since the shell runs as a sub process under the WM. OTOH, if you goto a _real_ shell terminal (Ctrl-Alt-F1, F2 etc...) it wouldnt be affected.

any program running under X will be killed and restarted and all unsaved data gone . I guess you learned the hard way :P .

Back