Unable to brigde, ethernet interface turns off after mac cloning

• Thread starter Thread starter Anugxth
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1,848
ISP
Abb
I have tried to bridge my Asianet broadband connection to my router. My ISP uses MAC authentication, so I have tried cloning the mac id of the pon interface of the ONT to my router. But the no internet connection is established and the ethernet interface of the ONT turns of.
Is this due to some sort of layer 2 issue of having two mac same ids.

I'm using GX Earth 1010 ONT and don't know whether this is an issue with my ONT :)

PON MAC is different from the WAN Interface MAC, is the PON Link working? You can check it under PON Inform section of your ONT.

Its the same for me, I have used the same MAC ID that was there on my isp's management portal.

I have 3 interfaces PON, ethernet and Wlan, each one has a different MAC id. So I have used the PON MAC id, which is the same used by my ISP for auth.

PON link is working fine even after bridging.

I guess my ISP uses serial number for authenticating ONT at the OLT end and MAC id for their gateway as they use IPoE.

Yeah VLAN id is correct. Asianet uses IPoE so it simply uses my MAC id to authenticate and start a session.

Asianet requires my router mac id so that they can change it from their end. But I should be able to simply change my mac id and get authenticated.

I guess its something with the ONT, because the ethernet interface stops working whenever I use the PON MAC id for my router but works well with any other MAC id.

Last edited:

Back