Unable to configure Belkin G wireless router

vinayakgole

ISP
fxwireless
Hi All,I use a local cablenet internet provider called fxwireless. I have a username and password which lets me connect to the service. The connection is created using the default windows utility to create a new network connection. I recently got the Belkin G wireless router (F5D7234-4) to create my own wireless home network.When I started configuring the router:1. I put the internet cable into the slot provided in the router. I connected the network cable into routers wired slot and to the network slot in my laptop.2. I went to connection type and put in my userid and password. I put the service as fxwireless (just as in the connection windows created).3. Applied changes.4. The router restarted but the connection information says "Not connected".I tried calling helpdesk but they were not successful in helping me.I use windows xp on the laptop with the firewall disabled both in windows and the router.Please help me resolve this issue. I have been trying every possibility but I have been unsuccessful. Is it a mistake with me or is the router a faulty piece?Thanks a heap in advance.Regards,Vinayak

Back