Unable to connect to BSNL Broadband with Laptop,678 error,works with PC URGENT PLEASE

• Thread starter Thread starter sivenkat
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 9,472

sivenkat

ISP
BSNL
I have a peculiar problem in my laptop,BSNL Broadband was working fine with Laptop Dell Latitude D620,suddenly four days back Could not connect to internet with 678 error,The ADSL Link is Blinking fine.I was using Dynamic IP only,After Switching on the modem,plugging the network cable after few mins the status in network connections reads Limited Connectivity or No Connections AvailableTried giving static IPs for DSN,then the status in Network Connections reads ConnectedNow clicked the BSNL Connection gave Uname and Password, After some time with the WAN Connection window throws the 678 error Lot of workarounds I have tried, Like:Uninstalling the network adaptor,Plug out cable and plug in ,Modem Swtich off and on>The funny part is Im able to connect to BSNL broadband to my PC with the same modem,Same connection,Getting connected without any problems.>Also laptop works fine at office gets connected to the network without any issuesBSNL folks could ot help on this,conveniently told this is a laptop issue.>Can you please give me some suggestion,Its quite Urgent.>OS on my Laptop is XP SP3

are you trying to connect to the pc and laptop simultaneously?? if so , its not possible in bridged mode.. if not , then go to the command prompt of laptop and type ipconfig and post ouptut.. also post output of the command ping 192.168.1.1

Im not connecting both simultaneously.One at a timeThe output of ping 192.168.1.1 gives Request timed out, I did the above by giving following IPs Output of ipconfig gives 198.168.1.3IP address: 198.168.1.3Subnet mask is default valueDefault gateway is 198.168.1.1 Prefered DNS:218.248.255.14561.1.96.69The above values got from the BSNL Customer care tech personNow with no IPs assigned O/p for Autoconfig ipaddress :169.254.236.126o/p for Ping 192.168.1.1:Destination Host Unreachable Few days back when net was getting connected properly,I was using Dymaic IP onlyThanksSiva

1. Default gateway is 198.168.1.1
[IP address: 198.168.1.3
.........Is this the usual typing mistake ?
...........Did you enter this ?
..............Enter 192.168.1.3 .255.255.255.0 and 192.168.1.1
2.............. You have not mentioned the modem model and ...................make.
3...................Select your Modem/router from this website.
BSNL BROADBAND MAIN MENU
and check your settings.

Para two :
:169.254.236.126
private lan address assigned by OS. You will never get connected to your ISP.And default gateway is in error.

Para three: 1. You are using a dialer to connect.
2.Assuming you have not changed any settings in your modem, give proper values in laptop. ( compare with desktop)

3.You can also use open dns 208.67.220 .220 and 208.67.222.222

pls help with 678 error....................cant connect in morning,connects only after 2 pmbsnl support says theres a problem at my end ....changed modem still same error

IF
the modem is set to "Always On" mode PPPoE ,
with username/PW entered in WAN page
THEN
check Idle time /Lease time boxes usually 0
ELSE

GOTO
computer ( LAPTOP).
Start RUN type cmd OK
New Window opens
Type ipconfig /all
COPY/Paste data here ( NO EDIT)

FEEDBACK

Error 678 is usually ID and/or PW problem.
Mention modem/model/make/number.

Back