Unable to get internet after setting up new ONT

ISP
BSNL FTTH
Hello, I had a generic Chinese ONT which I replaced with TP-Link XN020-G3 (GPON/EPON) ONT. I set it up with PPPOE credentials and cloned old ONT's MAC and it successfully connected to the network. However none of the websites are working. I was able to ping the IP address of any service but couldn't ping domain names.

I have set Cloudflare and Google DNS to override the ISP DNS servers and my main router's DHCP will always hand out custom DNS servers to all the client.

I have rebooted the ONT and router, tried accessing the internet via ethernet ad WIFI but no luck. What am I doing wrong here. Here are the screenshots:

ONT webui:
EPON status
PPPOE Info
Advanced PPPOE settings
Internet connection status
Static routing (default)
Inbuilt diagnostic test 1
Inbuilt diagnostic test 2

My computer: (Connected to main router and not the ONT)
Ping test
Network connection info

I also tried connecting my laptop directly to the ONT (ethernet and wifi) but Im unable to resolve any domains despite setting custom DNS server however i can ping the IP address and i get a response without any issues.

Is your VLAN correct? Use the VLAN scan function

Leave MTU at default. Is IPv6 working since you enabled it? Is IPv6 DNS working? Try nslookup to see which server is being queried and if it's working or not. Also, try changing your private IP address range and see if that helps.

You are able to ping IP addresses but not the domain names - that would indicate only DNS issue but you seem to have DNS configured properly as per your screenshots ... hmmm

Try changing to Google DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) and try?

Also try different device other than your laptop? Try your mobile phone but ensure it is taking router DNS setting (Cloudflare and Google) try both?

Try a different PC and/or OS (like linux - no need to install - try booting live ISO pen drive if you can) - ?

Just try a different web browser on your laptop? Try private/incognito window?

Also, when you run "nslookup google.com" what is the first couple of lines showing which DNS server it is actually contacting? Your custom one or a local DNS caching server?

@phattunit Yes, the VLAN ID is copied from the old ONT.

@sloj the old ONT's MTU was 1492, TP-Links default ONT was 1482 I tried both the values and it's not working.

@vishalrao I'm overriding the DNS in all the possible locations. Pppoe connection, DHCP server, setting custom DNS in my devices. But no luck

nslookup google.com shows that my laptop is using 1.1.1.1 as DNS server.

BSNL default MTU is 1460, don't change it yourself, let PMTUD do its thing. What about the other questions?

The only thing I noticed was that multicast VLAN ID was empty in the old ONT but the new ONT won't let the multicast VLAN ID to be empty. The default value is 1

Back