Unable to open wikipedia, other sites

dark_horizon

Regulars
ISP
MTNL 849 NU
I am facing a problem in fivenet since the last few days. Am unable to open any wikipedia page, even broadbandforum.co pages, and other discussion forum pages.

This is the error I am getting :

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/9086/fivenet.jpg

Also, it would happen sometimes, that one minute the page would open, and then suddenly give error on refreshing it.

I have a backup MTNL connection, and everything works fine on it.
I tried opendns using these ips - 208.67.220.220 & 208.67.222.222 but it did not solve the problem.

Any solutions ?

it could be that FIVENET buys bandwidth from reliance they also have many sites not openingtry to access it through google translateit could be that reliance's submarine cable body put some restriction or had some problems

it could be that FIVENET buys bandwidth from reliance they also have many sites not opening

try to access it through google translate

it could be that reliance's submarine cable body put some restriction or had some problems

If I'm to believe our topology maps, Fivenet routes ~92% of it's traffic through Bharti, ~7% through Tata/VSNL and it also peers with Spectranet and Railtel for very small amounts of it's traffic.

MTNL on the other hand routes 64% of it's traffic through Reliance/FLAG and 35% through TATA/VSNL, with the remaining 1% going to STPI and Railtel.

Of course, real life is way more complicated than that, but this gives us an idea of what we're dealing with.

Back