unlimited plan - speed will be downgraded after dowloading 5GB for Hatway!

• Thread starter Thread starter ferns
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 18,064
my speed was downgraded and recently they have revised the fair usage to 5gb without notice.....i was really furstated....though my one month subscription remains, i have removed the connection and switched over to spectranet who is better.....i cannot pay 470rs for 256K to hathway and that too only for 5GB usage...

my speed was downgraded and recently they have revised the fair usage to 5gb without notice.....i was really furstated....though my one month subscription remains, i have removed the connection and switched over to spectranet who is better.....i cannot pay 470rs for 256K to hathway and that too only for 5GB usage...

which area of mumbai are u from and what is spectranet???? it it local cable ISP. i too might be terminating my hathway connection but 3 months are still there. till then i will manage somehow.

who is your local cable operator. is it In 2 Cable coz they give 512 speed for 552/- pm unlimited in my area

:thumb:

...isn't that the same price? (550*3=1650)

...isn't that the same price? (550*3=1650)

I think that's what he is implying. Since the price is the same he wonders whether it is actually the same operator.

I think that's what he is implying. Since the price is the same he wonders whether it is actually the same operator.

yes, i wanted to confirm whether its the same operator - IN 2 Cable

I have a 512 unlimited plan and have been a regular loyal customer paying my bills on time, though I know for sure I dont download stuff sizing 10GB per month I still received a message stating that my plan is being downgraded by HATHWAY as I exceeded 10Gb monthy usage under the FAIR USAGE policy. When I contacted HATHWAY they prevaricated and came up with the sentence "your speed is downgraded" and it will be further downgraded if you don't restrict the usage. I ask, when one opts for UNLIMITED internet why is one not told about this 10GB usage rule to them... and why call it UNLIMITED in the first place, UNLIMITED =UNLIMITED in dictionary, and had they any plans or rules why they don't inform or put * mark with Conditions Apply****, this is pure cheating from their end . The worst side from their part was not to inform the customers (in unlimited plan) about it and suddenly downgrading the plan and giving the sms to them. it was a complete shock to see this without prior intimation. Do they have any undersigner or customer signed acknowledgement who agrees to this rule when they opt for the plan? NO!!!, anyways I am not for this internet now and it is a political manipulative strategy to make quick bucks and harrasss regulars. I am not continuing. But ask how do others go for it or what actions you all taking ?

^^ looks like Hathway is in no mood to grab the growing broadband market. Things like this are taking them backward not forward.They cant even give true unlimited bb for just a 512 k connection,shame man.....

You can easily get past the FUP BS with a loop hole in the working of the cable modem. Your speeds are stored in a config file and the modem downloads this file each time it is reset or gets disconnected. The solution? Just don't switch off your modem when you think you're nearing 10 GB and you'll never have to endure shitty 256 kbps speeds. I downloaded close to 56 GB on a 1 Mbps connection with a 25 GB FUP. I kept my modem running for 8 straight days (till 20th June) before I encountered a disconnection and the speed switched to 256 kbps. Now I'm waiting for Sunday, when Hathway resets the speed and not switching the modem off again! :Boy Hi 5:

Back