• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 4,195
Status
Not open for further replies.

monkee.

ISP
Reliance
Hey guys,Im from nerul, navi mumbai. Well, currently im in the philippines on vacation but i realized, once i get homen (28th night), we wont have internet because the reliance wimax that we had ran out on may 5th.so basically, a week or two before we left last month ( we had left on the 29th ) for the ph, they had laid some cables presumably for internet and phone lines. Our building is relatively new ( itll be 2 years old this year ) and they had just laid the cables. What we heard from a resident before we left was that some MTNL dude had come and asked them if they wanted internet.Now before that, a TATA guy came to our place and my mom said we already had internet blah blah. But I managed to get a hold of that sheet with all the plans ( dont remember any now, but ill get home on thursday night ) but it said tata wifi adsl. Now the last time i heard wifi, it was from reliance and it meant wimax . that ended up screwing all my pings in gaming. dont get me wrong, it was a brilliant connection 400kbps for 999 a month but i was getting 70-100ms to css servers in mumbai and around 130-140 ms in singapore.So once the wire was laid i figured that i would get a wired connection. Now since tata came to our door and mtnl to someone elses door, I want to know, whos better, in terms of price and customer support. Basically, we used to have a tata indicom plug2surf before we got the reliance wimax connection and after we got it disconnect on feb7th they sent us 2 or 3 bills for the monthly usage.. which we didnt even use. hell i didnt even know where the usb thing was.. So basically, i want an unlimited connection from TATA and the price has to be 1k-1.2k per month and has to be a decent speed. Also, we managed to get the local cable guys number from a person in the building next door but didnt get the time to call him up . So for me, what is a viable option. Please remember than im coming from a 400kbps connection @999 a month.I need to know if Tata is reliable.. esp with their broadband and cust service? my moms already had problems with tatas cc so that is a huge plus if its decent.

thought about it and edited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back