Unstability After Midnight For 849NU

• Thread starter Thread starter yohu123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 3,630
refreshing my session during the day doesnt coz any instabilities in the net connection.

Personally my Router syncs at 0.880mbps or max 1.2mnps in the day time.
Its only at night that I can reboot it and get the promised 2048kbps.
In the day i always attributed slow speeds to Line interference screwing with my ATT and SNR ratios

furthermore,i had installed Service Pack 3 of Windows XP PRO and this instability is also occuring since approx 2weeks.

Hmmmmmmmmm, since I Installed SP3 on my Win XP Pro, I've also not been able to use GreedyTorrent to boost my ratios on uTorrent :(
With 512MB UL compared to 2048MB DL,its becoming hard to survive and keep decent ratios on many trackers.Goin back to Trib199 from next months :(
Will Mr Gates please send out an SP for SP3, soon please?:hysterical:

@scorpio1: so u saying that sp3 can reduce download speeds?but why dont i see any fluctuations in the net during the day like probs loading sites?also, can u plz pm me regarding this greedytorrent and why doesnt it work with sp3?also, i have another prob with utorrent and its dht network that i want to talk to u about.thanx.

@yohu123
I said i have been having trouble with Greedytorrent not helping me cheat on the ratios after upgrading to SP3.It may be because of SP3 or may be something else, which I havent figured out and its not even being answered on the Gtor forums :(

Any way, trackers are smarter now, and even if it worked I'd probably get banned quickly :p

maybe ur DTH Utorrent issue has already been answered on the appropriate forum

let me know if its something else

P.S:-
using Utorrent 1.7.7 and Gtor 1.0 beta
WORKING FINE.:yahoo::thumbsup:
I just uninstalled Norton 360 to install the Free Kaspersky AV suggested in another post in this forum
and as soon as i set Gtor rule in the antivirus for "allow all" its up and running like a charm

now all I gotta do is prevent myself from getting too greedy and getting banned :p

@^^
Hmm..howz kaspersky working for u??it has slowed down my system..but u might not have felt that since u were on Norton

kaspersky is working great last 24 hours almost.No slow down but a slight increase in system speed.Much better than Norton 360 :) that was too heavy on my system :p

Ohh yaa!! NORTON is a big fat asss..and its a real pain to uninstall it..KASPERSKY suite is nice..but i had to uninstall it since it was slowing down my lappy..now am back to NOD32..:)

i use Zonealarm Security Suite 7.anywayz, back to topic.....my connection was ok yesterday.who knows, the mtnl babus might have fixed it!but i aint counting my chickens yet, i'll monitor it a couple more days and return with updates.regarding utorrent, its DHT and not DTH Network.almost every (but not always), if i have dht network enabled, it will definitely help to get more seeds for my downloads but also when i check in the morning, all apps have frozen (including utorrent) and when i try to open a new app from my desktop or start menu i get the message 'windows cannot find the file. you may not have the correct permissions to access this file.' something like that.if i have dht network disabled, my system never causes probs like this.i have determined that the cause is utorrent and only when dht network is enabled.thanx for the advice regarding gtor, skorpio1.ill keep u guys posted.....

I guess since i only edited by last post, nobody got a notification that i added something to the thread.
hence, im moving that addition to a new post:
I did count my chickens too early.....
my connection was horrible last night.
so i decided to lodge a complaint on 1504, get a ticket no. and give the same to the DGM of mazgaon (my exchange) to actually get somewhere with this prob.
after getting a ticket no. i checked the mtnl triband sticky on this forum for the imp nos. in mumbai: MTNL Customer Care

when i saw the nos for mazgaon, they were: 2350, 2370 to 2372,2375,2377 to 2379

what the hell does this mean, where r the remaining 4nos of each telephone no.?
r they all 0's?
even that didnt work, for eg., i dialled 23750000 and i landed up calling someones residence no. :wall:
there shud atleast be a side note somewhere on this page mentioning what the remaining 4 nos will be.
i can only do this on saturday coz on sundays they r ofcourse closed and i work from mon-fri.
can anyone plz help me out here?

finally, issue resolved.i eventually got the central mumbai's gm's no. and told his secretary my exact prob.after a day, my conn is stable again after midnight.so the procedure to get ur prob resolved shud always be:1) lodge a complaint at 1504 and get a ticket no.2) call dgm or gm's office and escalate the matter. dont wait till someone from mtnl replies to ur 1504 complaint coz they wont and if they do, it will be a general check of ur telephone line.so thanx everyone for ur help.