Upstream rate on MTNL

dark_horizon

Regulars
ISP
MTNL 849 NU
Whats the upload rate provided by MTNL for 849 NU plan ?My router is sync at 259 kbps upstream rate, whereas my friend using the same plan has his router synced at 512 kbps. He gets an upload speed of 64 KBps, whereas i get around 28-29 KBps.Do i need to complain to MTNL regarding this ?P.S : I am '@a' user.

naaa... max upload speed is 256kbps.... u're friend is jus lucky...

There is long procedure to get 512 kbps which was told by my very good friend scorpio1, I followed it and I got 512 kbps UL in TriB200P plan; But I suggest u not to try that method as in that method u'll have to go against d system either by bribing and u've to CHAAT mtnl babus.I know many of us can't do it because its below our dignity to praise babus and impress them.

There is alternate method try this-
1. DSL 599 has UL speed of 512 kbps, Change ur existing plan to DSL 599.
2. Go to ur telephone exchange, Broadband Section for ur junction and meet the person who handles speed section(In goregaon, its Mr. Indulkar)
3. Tell him that upload speed is equal to min DL speed as per FAQ rule no. 28
Introduction

If he's smart enough he'll change ur UL speed in minutes,
When u reach home confirm that ur UL is syncd at 512 kbps(mine is 511 kbps, its not always equal to 512kbps)
Call 1504, change ur plan to existing/ desired plan.
They will just change ur plan without revising UL to 256kbps(TriB200P and 849NU have 256 UL speed)

I bet with this procedure u'll be able to get UL speed of 512 kbps!:yahoo:

Back