URGENT HELP:Ethernet disconnecting continuously-Pc Lan is Ok-Has d router gone kaput?

• Thread starter Thread starter NFSMW
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 4,716

NFSMW

ISP
Triband 849_NU 2mbps
Problem with Ethernet:Ive got D-Link DSL-502-T....It was working perfectly fine until last 2 days...Its disconnecting & connecting continuosly...Ive checked my PC Lan Card...It seems fine...Did all sorts of things to try to sort out the problem...But of no use...same problem....frequent LAN disconnections....:wall:Does my router have any problem....How do i request & convince MTNL ppl to change it cuz the problems pretty strange...They might put the blame on my PC LAN card..:ashamed:...which works fine.Or is it some other problem...some settings changed by error...or a virus...BTW 3 days back i had uninstalled Kaspersky Inter.Sec & have installed ESET NOD32 Smart Secu.:wall:Help!! :(

i presume you mean frequent disconnections in your internet? i dont think its a router problem, it could be your telephone line problem or your telephone setup.. make sure your telephone setup is something like this Prashanth Speaks-Technology and Life: Frequent Disconnection in DSL connection

Ive got D-Link DSL-502-T....It was working perfectly fine until last 2 days........Did all sorts of things

1.Run AV program once again.
2 Check SNR and Attn data .
3 Check LAN card details in Device Manager.

I was having similar problems too and was trying to look for a soultion, miraculously though the thing is much better now and i was connected for whole of last night, maybe some problem at MTNL end.

i presume you mean frequent disconnections in your internet? i dont think its a router problem, it could be your telephone line problem or your telephone setup.. make sure your telephone setup is something like this Prashanth Speaks-Technology and Life: Frequent Disconnection in DSL connection

Nope its a LAN-Ethernet problem.

1.Run AV program once again.
2 Check SNR and Attn data .
3 Check LAN card details in Device Manager.

Checked wid all av's.
SNR Attn. all fine.
LAN Details in Device Manager is Ok.
:(..Now what?

I was having similar problems too and was trying to look for a soultion, miraculously though the thing is much better now and i was connected for whole of last night, maybe some problem at MTNL end.

Its a problem wid LAN...most probably in d router.

* Im gonna check it with another router;my friends;will let u all know what happened...else if someone had a similar problem or can help figure out the error....Plz help:(...Tks

Sry guys i didnt reply last cpl of days......well to be sure i checked my connection wid some of my friends routers...:( the problem it seems was wid my PC LAN card...Have to get it repaired or replaced.Tks for ur replies...appreciate the help.

Back