using linksys WRT54G, need to connect everytime

• Thread starter Thread starter bharatwasi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 5,771

bharatwasi

ISP
BSNL
Hi, (windows XP, Dataone, Linksys wifi WRT54G) I am using Dataone, and was using PPPoe to connect (before i bought the wifi router)Now i have a WRT54g Wifi router setup, all is fine, except, when i put my laptop to sleep, after waking up, the router doesnt connect automatically to the net !!! here is the config of the routerconnection type PPPoeKeep Alive, redial period 30secits supposed to attempt connection every 30 sec (if not connected) right ?so why i have to goto Status page and click "connect" to get the DNS, gateway and IP addresses ??? (it shows blanks in these fields)and strangely !! even when i click my old PPPoe icon on the desktop !! it STILL CONNECTS and i can browse !! how is this happening ???

Linksys.com - Products/Wireless/Basic Networking/Broadband Routers/Wireless-G/WRT54G

Please download all user manual/s etc.
What is the modem you are using ? and this is connected to WRT54G wi fi.
Are you using a dialer ( bridged mode ) or "always on" PPP/PPPoE mode .
Use this for guidance. ( modem router may not be same. )
Omniscience: Setting up Wireless Router with Airtel modem Beetel 200BX

Hi Essbebe, i am using MT841, when i see the WAN config screen of the modem, it shows all PVC0 to PVC-6 all listed as type 'bridged' , i dont know what and how is affects ;-) but i guess that what you were referring to in your post.the LAN wire from my modem goes to the INTERNET socket of router. no other wires.its not "always on", as we used to connect and disconnect using the broadband network connection (before we got he wifi)i had changed the IP of wifi router to 192.168.1.2 , the IP Of the modem remains the original. Also, upon checking the config of the modem, i found that my modem as well as the router are set up as DHCP servers! but so far i dont have any problems of IPs, the problem remains, that i i have to goto status screen of router and click connect button, each time i awaken my laptop from sleep. TIARahul

Select only PVC6 0_35 for bsnl.
SmartAX MT-841 (Type-IV) ADSL MODEM MULTIUSER CONFIGURATION if type IV
SmartAX MT-841 ADSL MODEM (Type-III) MENU if type III

If "bridged mode", you have to dial to connect to Internet.
If "PPP/PPPoE" always on ID and password entered in the modem. and as soon you switch you are connected to Internet.
For WRT54G:
PPPOE: (drop down menu option) Username: Your account username Password: Your password Connect on Demand: Max idle time: 9999 min Router name: WRT54G DHCP Server: Enable Starting IP Address: 192.168.1.2
Save the settings

Back