UT300R2U and frequent disconnects

• Thread starter Thread starter s192837
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 3,177

s192837

ISP
BSNL, 900UL
I got a BSNL connection, last week in Bangalore.Plan 900UL, Modem UT300R2U.Using the Ethernet port of the modem. The problem is that the modem frequently disconnects. I assume this is because it loses sync with the DSLAM. This is probably because the downstream SNR Margin is generally around 5-6dB & sometimes goes to 7-8. Now, I've noticed that the modem syncs with the DSLAM at 6Mbps (and gets an SNR Margin of 5-6dB). Yet a few times, it has managed to sync at 2Mbps (and the SNR Margin goes to 12-15dB). When this happens the connection is really stable. I've several questions1) Can I manually force the modem to sync no higher than 2Mbps? Since 900UL offers only 256kbps even a sync of 2Mbps is sufficient I think. This should give me a good SNR Margin 2) How do I set the modulation? I tried unchecking all the boxes except G.Lite (which offers 1.5 Mbps) yet when the modem syncs, all the checkboxes are ticked again 3) I spoke to someone at 1800-424-1600. They said this is a problem at their end. The problem lies with the modem. BSNL is working on a fix and will get back to users. Could this be the cause of the problem? 4) Has anyone faced a similar problem? Thanks for your help

maybe a general line signal quality problem, or you could select "g.dmt" instead of g.lite...

Thanks for your advice vishalrao. seems to be a line problem, waiting for bsnl to fix it

Is your line fixed now? I am having a similar problem, but with a different modem - Siemens c2110. BSNL folks have come to my house on a number of occassions, and the lines have been changed, but the issue has not been resolved. Any news from your side will be greatly appreciated.

ME 2 facing ..BUT i followed one stupid method but its working ..1)save(backup) the settings of ur router page .while internet is working fine .then using that data update the data if u find any kind of modem problem ..2)call the AE/JE praise him -he ll take care .:P

Back