Very Bad Download Speed....

• Thread starter Thread starter siddking09
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 3,767

siddking09

ISP
DATAONE
Hello Friends,for Past 2 Days I Am Getting Download Speeds Of Just 50-60 Kb/s In Free Hours.i Just Changed To Home 500 Combo 3 Days Back.but Speed Was Good Only On First Day.any Idea Wat Problem May Be.btw Exchange Is Just 1km. From My House.cc Is Of No Help...anyone Having Similar Views??:(

Post adsl status snr attn etc. Give modem model details..Do test at speedtest. at mumbai server. for reference....Try connection booster from trackzapper.com.....or follow advice at speedguide.net . tcp/ip optimizer.

ADSL LIGHT IS CONSTANT,STATUS LIGHT ALWAYS BLINKING,SPEEDTEST.NET RESULTS :DOWLOAD UPLOAD3379kb/s 686kb/sserver: mumbaiping :96mssorry,i dont have much idea abt all this.so plz. tell me wat else reqd.btw my modem is type1 UT300R2U.

Seems ok. compare mine just now. Airtel 256Kbps: 280 kbps 221 kbps mumbai server at speedtestDataone 2 Mbps: 1764kbps 376 kbps mumbai server. at speed test. please wait for other's comments. little busy now. later . sorry.

@siddking: im from pune too and quite near from my exchange too, and i too have been facing slow speeds for past few days. im on 900UL plan. even my torrent speeds which are normally good were badly going up and down (while getting the latest ubuntu and fedora betas)...which locality in pune are you from? im in the hadapsar area. i wonder if they are facing some major problem in the backend and i hope they rectify it soon if so...i've actually never faced this kind of intermittent speed issue for the past 3 yrs of having bsnl broadband :) i hope i havent screwed up something at my end to cause this (cant think of anything wrong here now)...

/members/siddking09/
Data: Modem UT300R2U Tariff Home 500 C ( upto 2 Mbps speed)
Problem : low speed 50 to 60 kb/sec( if 50 KB/sec speed is around 400Kbps))

You are mixing up the speed data.
Your speed BSNL upto 2Mbps means your download max at 256KB/sec
Normally around 150KB/sec to 200 KB/sec., which means,
You can download a file/program/picture/ of 12 MB size in one minute.
The d/l speed you have reported seems high.
Check again .. connections from splitter.
Telephone box==>>rj11 splitter===>ADSL PORT==rj11==>>modem ut300r2u
..........................................===>phone Port==rj11==>> all phones. ( cordless base etc)
In IE type 192.168.1.1 . when modem page opens check Device status or adsl status.
report SNR and attn data.
For reference :UT-300R2U ADSL MODEM MENU

well right after i posted, my modem reconnected on its own (maybe bsnl people rebooted their systems :)) and now the speeds seem to be fine.. this has been happening for past few days for me, speeds fine in between and slowness for some intervals...

@siddking: im from pune too and quite near from my exchange too, and i too have been facing slow speeds for past few days. im on 900UL plan. even my torrent speeds which are normally good were badly going up and down (while getting the latest ubuntu and fedora betas)...

which locality in pune are you from? im in the hadapsar area. i wonder if they are facing some major problem in the backend and i hope they rectify it soon if so...

i've actually never faced this kind of intermittent speed issue for the past 3 yrs of having bsnl broadband :) i hope i havent screwed up something at my end to cause this (cant think of anything wrong here now)...
i am from kothrud.when i was on home 250,i had very good speed,but when i switched to home 500c,my speed decreased,esp. in free hours.i also havent interfered with any settings..

Hi, I am also from Pune. [H500] I am also facing the same problems for the past 3-4 days. Usually I get speeds around 200-270 KBps at NU period. But for the past 3-4 days, it is not even touching 50 KBps.... I am really pissed-off I am having this H500 plan from Oct-07 but never had this problem before even for a minute.... I dont know wtf is wrong with BSNL....

Back