Very interesting! Stay away from ACT (been using it over a year) readon

• Thread starter Thread starter pier39lab
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 4,010
broadband.act said:
"Hello,

We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience. We will make sure the problem is resolved at the earliest. Please provide us your registered contact number or a Customer ID and we will get back to you ASAP.

Regards,
ACT Broadband"
i am using act broadband service,and i must tell you it is very good. the only problem is that once the 50 gb limit is crossed the speed becomes 512 kbps which is very less, we can't even watch videos in the lowest quality without getting interrupted. this is a big problem ,can you please increase the speed to at least 1 mbps so that we can at least watch videos. i have to watch programming tutorials in you tube and even in lowest quality it doesn't come properly.
it is true that 50 gb limit is enough for one month, but i always download software in the beginning. if we only have to browse and not download with that 50gb, then even 2mbps is enough,what is the use of 15 mbps speed. i think it is useful only if we download big software. i never use full 50gb for download, maximum 20 gb. but even then the limit easily gets over,i also changed my plan to act extravagant, but then also after the limit is crossed, the speed becomes very less and is mostly useless. it feels like a dial up connection.

act,please increase the post fup speed, or make a new plan in which there is at least 2mbps or 1mbps speed, this is the basic requirement of a broadband connection. please consider my request. i would suggest you to introduce a new plan in which there is 10 mbps speed in the beginning with a limit of 40 gb,and after that it is 1mbps with a limit of 30 gb and after that it becomes 512 kbps.

B S Prakash said:
I am having a 15 Mbps connection from ACT since last 5 months. Since last two days the broad band connection is not working & I had a similar experience about one month back when the connection did not work for one full day. Whenever the broadband connection goes, only God can help you because their telephone lines are not at all accessible & the e mail sent to the id's given in their website get no response. The only option is to hope & pray that they will take necessary action on their own.
I'm facing the same problem, ACT helpline and service is a BAD JOKE!

david said:
I'm facing the same problem, ACT helpline and service is a BAD JOKE!
Hello David,
The above mentioned grievance has been addressed & resolved. Please feel free to get in touch with us on 080 4284 0000 or write to us at [email protected] if you have any queries. Thank you for your cooperation.

Warm Regards,
ACT Broadband

broadband.act said:
Hello David,
The above mentioned grievance has been addressed & resolved. Please feel free to get in touch with us on 080 4284 0000 or write to us at [email protected] if you have any queries. Thank you for your cooperation.

Warm Regards,
ACT Broadband
The joke ended today at 3:30p.m. Was re-connected today and requested for a waiver for the days without connection. Later got a call saying I'll
get Rs.554 off my next bill.
Good job ACT!
Regards,
David

Back