Very poor service Tata Sky...

• Thread starter Thread starter vimmy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2,318
ISP
Airtel
I used to have airtel DTH all these years and when i shifted to my new house, the Tata Sky folks said they would install common dish for the entire apartment. After i subscribed to them i realized their reception is way way poor compared to what i had at airtel. The only reason i was going with tata was that the dolby digital audio was availalbe thru the hdmi cable ( airtel needs optical cable if you want digital). Its been two months and after several complaints and several folks attending to it, they have thrown a blank face and concluded that theirs is as good as the channels and they ahve nothing to do with the poor reception. Thru their DVR box there is a phase lag between audio and video on several channels ( which i never had in airtel). Their conclusion for that again is that they ahve nothung to do with it. bad mistake to have taken Tata Sky and i am rereting it badly. I am not sure if others are having the same issue.
I have called the airtel folks to come and take a look and se if they can move me to their service - funny they have not come to me yet. I hope they will do that soon. Tata sky is the worst possible service i can say. If we spend a lot of money with new LED TVs and home theater equipment and they know theirs is not the best of the service out there - they are better of accepting than blaming it on the reception . Really sad. I would strongly not recommend Tata Sky if you are looking for HD quality transmission.
vimmy

This may be due to the common dish. I have Tata Sky HD on a private dish and have no such quality or service issues.

Same here, I have my own dish in which all 4 ports are used by 2 DVRs and the quality is very good. Ask them if they can install a separate dish for you.

Guess what. They brought a separate dish and no ptch nothing - straight thru - still the same issue and they acknowledged teh issue as well. In fact one of them said it is becasue their set top box is not high end enough!

I am also using private dish and have 1 HD DVR and 1 PVR...connected my HTS to HD DVR....sound quality is good....

Back