Very Strange problem!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter kumar_50
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1,261

kumar_50

ISP
BSNL
Have been a very active visitor of these forums (a silent one). I have a BSNL UL750 connection. Have been using it for about 5 years now. the connection was pretty good up until a few weeks ago. i use the same connection for my laptop and my desktop. (dont use the desktop too often). off late am getting very horrible speeds on the connection at certain times of the day.sometimes also get the error message that the server is too busy and i should try again later but if i use a proxy like hidemyass then the site opens up. sometimes the site does not open up at all as if it is taking forever to load. sometimes the site does not open on mozilla but opens up on chrome sometimes not on both.Is there something wrong on my end or is it the BSNL connection. i tried switching to OPEN DNS and the problem still persists. am not very good with the technicals so if someone could please guide me through what could be the problem.Thanks

Well I suspected a DNS problem until I read the last paragraph. Try obtaining the IP automatically and use this as DNS :4.2.2.14.2.2.2

1. Try Open DNS or Google DNSUse it as 208.67.222.222, 8.8.8.82. Try Opera Turbo.3. Clear browser cache and try.4. Try a different browser.

most propably ... check your proxy connection .. they might be mistaken to others ......... when u r college lan .. definately u might got proxy server configured on the firefox ... check those out ....... and try ping test ... like open cmd ping 4.2.2.2 its an level3 dns server the best of the best ..google dns is a crack they collect ip address ,,,,,,,,horriable feature ..... run that ping test for a while and show the results ... from BSNL might get around 250-350ms at max .... or so ....

Back