Vi allowing prepaid to postpaid conversion through OTP without sim change

• Thread starter Thread starter havoc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 77
  • Views Views 13,806
I guess they had some issues with it or maybe it was something regarding breaking rules of TRAI or anything.

Because if it didn't had any hurdle why Airtel & Jio haven't done it yet?

For airtel I can say they want people to come to airtel stores and get manipulated into taking high priced plans... I have personally seen them making people fools... Can't say about jio... As they have almost non existent good postpaid plans....and with thier speeds in most of the places... I guess postpaid people will maintain a atms length distance...

I am not sure about that.

I am in a really small town with no official airtel store. I was able to convert 4 of my airtel numbers from prepaid to postpaid and add them all in 1 family plan. No need to visit their office for this but i’ll have to go if I want to move from postpaid to prepaid.

How did you do that?

Any official image or banner for this option?
Do you have any SMS or offer recieved like that?

Okay, so Prepaid to Postpaid conversion through OTP without sim change still works. But not from Vi App. You'll have to follow this link: Convert from Vi Prepaid to Postpaid Online | Vi™

I converted my Prepaid to Postpaid yesterday and utterly disappointed. I choose 701 plan. And it's not UNLIMITED as they say. 2000GB cap.
Where is written... I saw it nowhere.... Only capping is that u have to call for more than 50 minutes per month if u use more than 150gb data

And 701 abd 1101 plans are not there to choose..... Only 401 and 501

Since the above link is giving only two plans to choose... How easily can we change plans in vi... If I suppose choose 401 plan just to convert to postpaid.... And after the conversion to postpaid... Change I change plan to 701 instantly or is there any time period lockin after that only we can change the plan...???

Back