VI announces unlimited data without FUP between 12 AM and 6 AM

Anyone notice 12am to 6am.... Band 41 Band 1 and Band 3 disappear along with CA? I am observing this behaviour since 1 week. I remain connected only to 900 MHz (Band 8) I think? It provides poor speeds below 10Mbps all the time. As soon as it is 6am, all bands magically appear and phone goes into 2CA 1800 + 2500 (B3 + B41)

Haha. I would have done the same if I were the CFO or CTO of Vi. 10Mbps is more than enough for all the video calling/ video streaming a device can do, right? Even Netflix 4K on a tablet doesn't take more than that.

I think that is fair. Distributed resources for everyone to use at a reasonable speed, free of cost, for a few hours every night. Can't ask for more!

I, however, am suffering from poor signal reception it seems. Mi A2, 2CA or 3CA with 1800+2100 or 1800+2100+2500, but speeds are always better without CA, when it is only LTE 1800.

Download fluctuates between 1 and 7 Mbps, shoots occasionally to 10-11 Mbps, whereas upload is consistently under 1 Mbps on OOKLA. Browsing experience is okay-ish.

Put the same SIM in an iPhone, speeds are marginally better in speed trials, but websites open noticeably faster.

Source

Back