Video Streaming on MTNL Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter mangoboy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 3,406
Yeah, thanks, I'm in Mumbai but we have the same plan too on Airtel's page! But it's so weird because MTNL is charging the same price for a 2MBPS connection. Wondering if I should change over to Airtel now!Is the 4MBPS connection good enough and actually that fast 24/7?

ook. this looks like a new plan. i hope they have not killed the 150GB 1999 plan.

It's definitely not a new plan, it's been on the website from like a month now.

errm. i thought the plan they have had for a long time was of 75GB and not 30GB? i might be mistaken though. losing memory with old age. :upset:

Yeah, thanks, I'm in Mumbai but we have the same plan too on Airtel's page!

But it's so weird because MTNL is charging the same price for a 2MBPS connection. Wondering if I should change over to Airtel now!

Is the 4MBPS connection good enough and actually that fast 24/7?

Pls note that mtnl's plans are diff from airtel's... The mtnl plan gives 1mbps during day & 2mbps at night without any FUP... While airtel gives 4mbps speed till 30 gb than 256kbps after that... In my humble opinion mtnl's plan kicks airtel's plans butt zzz... Anyway to solve ur buffering prob u could go for mtnl's 888/month plan which will give u 2 Mbps at night & is in the sub Rs 900 range...

Pls note that mtnl's plans are diff from airtel's... The mtnl plan gives 1mbps during day & 2mbps at night without any FUP... While airtel gives 4mbps speed till 30 gb than 256kbps after that... In my humble opinion mtnl's plan kicks airtel's plans butt zzz... Anyway to solve ur buffering prob u could go for mtnl's 888/month plan which will give u 2 Mbps at night & is in the sub Rs 900 range...

Oh, I know. Actually, I am on MTNL's new plan right now: DSL_COMBO_1249 which gives speeds upto 2 MBPS (day & night both) but has a FUP of 20 GB (upload+download) which is fine for me because my usage from July 1-July 31 was only ~12 GB totally. So, basically for me, FUP isn't the problem because I'm not a heavy downloader. My main concern is speed.

If Airtel is giving me 4 MBPS by just paying an additional Rs. 150/- with 30 GB FUP that too, I would definitely like to try it out atleast. But I'm only concerned about the quality of Airtel broadband connections in Mumbai and if there are no additional costs/glitches involved with Airtel.

I recently switched from Airtel to Mtnl, airtel's srvice is very good no question about that but it was working out to expensive because of FUP, but if data transfer is not an issue then airtel is excellent.

I see, thanks, that's some news. Have to try Airtel I guess :p What I don't understand is that Airtel's 30GB plan is Rs.1299 for 2mbps and just Rs.1399 for 4mbps. So double the speed and just Rs. 100 more? That is weird!

you'll have problem watching HD videos sometimes on youtube especially when its not night time @ USA . even if you get a 100 mbps plan , this'll happen as its a problem on google's side , not your ISP's .

can anyone recommend a program which can track my total bandwith useage? not just download/upload but also bandwith used in data transfer for browsing, IM, email etc... just so i know the total data transfer consumed per month? thx

Back