Videocon D2h first day experience- Ordered online

• Thread starter Thread starter aashishkul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 332
  • Views Views 51,997

aashishkul

ISP
Airtel Broadband
I would like to share my experience with Videocon d2h:After a long research, I zeroed in on 2 DTH providers Airtel DTV and Videocon D2H.Parameters that I based my decision on:1. Channels and cost for the channels that I want to watch.2. Service 3. TechnologyAirtel and Videocon were offering more or less the same package- Economy package by Airtel and Gold Sports package by D2H was more or less competitive. I am refferring to these packages because they offer all the channels that I watch. Only disadvantage with Airtel was they don't have sports channels which videocon D2H was offerring.Airtel offers HD which Videocon was not offering at the moment. It should be launched very soon.. in a month or so as they have already started testing HD signals.Finally, I decided to take a dip and decided to order Videocon D2h. I first went to shop which sells V D2h and the price quoted by him was 1690. Videocon D2h has special online price of 1590. I decided to take a chance and ordered it online at 9:30 pm on 1st October. I got email confirming payment immediately and got SMS confirming my customer id 2 am in the night!.In the morning at 10:30 I receive call from D2h online team and they told me that confirmed that they have received the payment and d2h will be installed in 24-48 hours. Surprisingly, the installation engineer call me at 2 pm on the same day that he is coming shortly. He came as promised and installed dish and installed box in 30-40 minutes. They were 2 of them and enthusiastic about their work. Once everything was isntalled, they called their office and activated the connection in flat 5 minutes.My first impression:1. STB is good and stable. It has many good features like 4 favourite lists. Universal remote. I.e. I can carry only 1 remote to operate basic features of TV as well as STB.2. Channel changing is bit slow but they have a good Mosaic channel feature.3. I have used Tata Sky Program Guide and I feel that is the best PG available. Though D2H STB is not that good, but it is useful. No big issues.4. Some channels have excessive compression (I feel so because picture/ sound quality is not that good.) However, most of the channels are good.Overall, I am satisfied with d2h and will recommend to anyone. Has anyone tried online order and what is your experience.

Hey Aashishkul,Good to know your experience with d2h. I have been using d2h for quite sometime and find it awesome. As for channel changing, its faster than Airtel. My sister's home, they have airtel and it has one major issue with changing channel. Airtel even has recharge problems, one has to wait for 8hrs to 2days if you recharge via coupon sms. In case of videocon d2h things are far more better. They have online recharge. Their customer care is also helpful if you get stuck somewhere.

argh. i am a happy videocon d2h customer myself. but these positive messages sort of worries me. :D

argh. i am a happy videocon d2h customer myself. but these positive messages sort of worries me. :D

No Problem .........Enjoy with d2h.

Well, I just tried to tune FTA channels on my STB and as expected the STB is locked. I already have a DD DTH dish with STB and was thinking if i can add DD DTH channels. I read on the net that it seems to be possible but looks like a thing of the past.

aashishkul.....Your 1st post was just like the ad of d2h they show nowadays!!Good that these people are so much committed.....i m planning to buy these services soon!!

hello guys, Sorry for going offline sometimes. Really nice to hear from all that we are maintaining our strict service standards, though their have been some lapses in the past week due to the festive season, tough we believe that we have still been upto the mark and escalated issues for a quick resolution and maintained our "Happy Customers".Would appreciate if you can inform us of any issue for our online customers and we will get things sorted ASAP.Regards,Videocon d2h Online

Hi I am planning to buy Videocon LCD Tv with built in set top box but the dealers here in vizag gave me the opinion that their service is not good and I cannot go for another DTH service with the built in set top box. Please advice me on other better options.

personally, i have not faced any problems with videocon d2h. but it is not a very good idea to go for their integrated solution.

Back