Vodafone 3g data plans

• Thread starter Thread starter vibhuvw
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 76,189
I am surprised to see 3G data plans of various operators here in Gujarat. It's too expansive that only few people will afford it.As 3G is supposed to be used for rich multimedia experience that demand high bandwidth, it doesn't make any sense if these operators don't understand this basic requirements. With this much low data transfer limits with such a higher rates will keep people away from 3G :(.

the sooner you realize that 3g is not an alternative for landline broadband, the better.

Voda network is good. I dont think it will be cheap.
Right now Trials in chennai. GPRS getting HSPDA 3 signal. rs 98/2GB/ 30day plan is getting up to 4.5 Mbs since yesterday. Few days to a week feast !
https://www.speedtest.net/result/1195635016.png

It will last for a month or so as Voda are giving it free for a month or so . So enjoy till it lasts anyway 2Gb :P wont make a difference at that speed if your heavy downloader :) .

Voda network is good. I dont think it will be cheap.
Right now Trials in chennai. GPRS getting HSPDA 3 signal. rs 98/2GB/ 30day plan is getting up to 4.5 Mbs since yesterday. Few days to a week feast !
https://www.speedtest.net/result/1195635016.png

It will last for a month or so as Voda are giving it free for a month or so . So enjoy till it lasts anyway 2Gb :P wont make a difference at that speed if your heavy downloader :) .

Voda customer service said some thing about trials till march 15th or up to April.
Sure Rs 98 for 2 Gb @ 3 to 4 Mbs speed runs meter fast.
having old BSNL u/L plan capped @1 Mbps, makes a welcome change.
network is good .But data pricing after trials may not be competitive.If they just match BSNL's - Rs 1500 /15 GB @ these speeds and good network-people will shift from BSNL.
If they price 10% below BSNl ,they can get good market share.:|
https://www.speedtest.net/result/1197349010.png

Voda customer service said some thing about trials till march 15th or up to April.
Sure Rs 98 for 2 Gb @ 3 to 4 Mbs speed runs meter fast.
having old BSNL u/L plan capped @1 Mbps, makes a welcome change.
network is good .But data pricing after trials may not be competitive.If they just match BSNL's - Rs 1500 /15 GB @ these speeds and good network-people will shift from BSNL.
If they price 10% below BSNl ,they can get good market share.:|
https://www.speedtest.net/result/1197349010.png

I disagree to a certain extent. I'd rather BSNL customers stayed on BSNL and Vodafone's network remained of higher quality (even if 3G coverage is a bit spotty at present) with faster speeds and fewer call drops, rather than matching or undercutting BSNL's price - otherwise eventually you'll get the flip-flop effect where BSNL customers will switch to Vodafone, VF's network quality will deteriorate, then they'll switch back to BSNL, BSNL's quality will deteriorate etc.

Competing based solely on price sets a dangerous precendent and could lead to a shoddy service. Any business adviser worth his salt will tell you that discounting is bad bad bad, and I've personally seen the effects of it on one of my family's businesses (although of course, much smaller than Vodafone... and in a different market... I still think my parents are idiots for thinking - wrongly - that discounts work as a sales tool).

mgcarley said:
I disagree to a certain extent. I'd rather BSNL customers stayed on BSNL and Vodafone's network remained of higher quality (even if 3G coverage is a bit spotty at present) with faster speeds and fewer call drops, rather than matching or undercutting BSNL's price - otherwise eventually you'll get the flip-flop effect where BSNL customers will switch to Vodafone, VF's network quality will deteriorate, then they'll switch back to BSNL, BSNL's quality will deteriorate etc.

I think you are right.BSNL is over crowded and very slow during 6pm-12 am and week ends ( not to mention we old U/L subscribers are capped @1 Mbps)
If they inroduce a pre paid data pack with carry forwadable balance ( as long you recharge on the 29th day with some other minimum value 30 day data plan) ,I dont mind paying a premium price for a non congested high speed network for essential work during us hours (our evening to late night)
I used to pay Rs 1200/10 Gb for Tata photon and for the last 4 months keeping the balance alive by charging Rs 300/300mb/30 day validity after getting in to BSNL 3G.

How long is the free trial?Many say its till 15th March 2011 only.Someone in some thread said its till 10th April 2011

Back