Vodafone 3G: Difference between regular and iPhone specific 3G plans?

• Thread starter Thread starter hitman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 11,207
Do you know when / what date this has happened?

Don't remember exactly when they changed it. But it has been several months since the change happened. I had received a call from Vodafone offering me the new plans a couple of months before the iPhone 4 officially launched in India.

Interesting. But we can add a custom APN entry using the iPhone tool or that co.nz site?

Yes. That is what the two tools are for. They help you setup a custom APN for your data services. Although the iPhone Configuration Utility offers more options.

Which BSNL 3G connection do you have? Which Plan? I am thinking of getting one for when I am out of cities in outdoors as a backup.

I am on their General plan. I keep recharging with the 1GB data pack now and then. I use the 500MB topup whenever I need more data within the month. The BSNL SiM is more like a backup connection for me. I don't use it regularly, only on weekends or when I'm out of Vodafone coverage. I need to use my Vodafone Corporate connection during the week.

I remember a friend who was working with Wipro 2 years back and they had UNLIMITED Data from Vodafone as part of Corporate plan.
Are these kind of deals still available on Corporate plans?

I am on consultative status with a few Corporates so I could avail of these plans but I've got to know what options are available and which Corporate + Vodafone deal offers it.

Garfield if you have any such info and want to PM me that would be great.

Most companies have the data plans on offer these days. It is basically the same Vodafone data plans but with cheaper rates. The cost of the data plan depends on what the company has been able to negotiate with Vodafone. For example, I know of a company that had the unlimited 2G data plan from Vodafone on their corporate connections at Rs 199 whereas for my company the same is offered for Rs 399. It is just a discount on the existing Vodafone plan, which offers unlimited 2G data for Rs 599.

I am waiting for their corporate plans for 3G data. Unfortunately they don't have any as of yet. I have been checking regularly with the Vodafone store at my office. Right now, Vodafone's 3G data plans are not attractive in any way when compared to the competitors.

Hi Garfield,

Please share your number with us here Vodafone India - Complaints - Requests - Enquires We'd like to get in touch with you to address your concern.

Regards,
Vodafone Customer Care

Which concern would you like to address?

Back