Vodafone 4G LTE launched in Mumbai

• Thread starter Thread starter d5aqoëp
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 101
  • Views Views 22,569
Does migration to 4G SIM happen immediately? Or it takes 2hrs?

2 hours if done via outlet. 5-10 mins if done via SIMEX sms.

So i went via the process in the below link.

Vodafone 4G in Mumbai - Experience High Speed Internet on Mobile

Got this message. I suppose they'll send it via courier?

MwG8k6N.png

Did you also get a warning that "This cellular network has not been certified by the carrier for LTE" ? I get this warning when I turn on LTE on my iPhone 6 running iOS 8.4. Wanted to know if it is okay to ignore and proceed ? Discussion boards at Apple say that LTE will not work if you see this warning....
No warning on my 6S Plus. I am on iOS 9.3 Beta 3.

You must update to 9.2.1 at least

Nfz6urC.jpg
gzOU3t4.jpg

31 Mbps is acceptable.

But if you choose Vodafone speedtest server, the data sucking server takes 15 seconds to complete the download test. It burned through 100 MB of data just to run a simple speed test.

This is un-fucking-acceptable.

Vodafone charges 147 for 350 MB data. So each 100 MB speedtest costs ₹42 hehahahaha!
Should we get LTE/4G just to burn through our data?

I urge everybody to refrain from doing speedtest and becoming OCD about it but Vodafone are happy to sell you more expensive data if you plan to beta test their network for them.

Of course you're going to burn through data on a high speed connection! It's obvious. Now it's high time they increase the data packs to at least 5GB otherwise 4G is quite useless. I hope Jio seriously disrupts the current pricing by the AVoId cartel.

Back