Vodafone Idea 5G News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter havoc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 88
  • Views Views 13,757
I don’t feel like calling the 5G infra that exists today as 5G lol. If Vi can provide extensive and excellent 4G coverage with stable VOLTE and Vowifi, I’d take that any day.

@Lolita_Magnum exactly what @pillaicha said. Testing both Airtel & Jio 5G at my home doesn't give above 300 Mbps speeds both (fiberised sites within 100 meters of distance). Initially I used to get 600-700 Mbps but these days everything has been clogged up. As soon as I move indoors the 5G network vanishes with Airtel and with jio it connects to 700 Mhz band with 25 Mbps.

The 5G infra that we have today doesn't matter SA or NSA is just bogus. Unless they invest in many more small cells as well as high powered equipments. I know many people have different experiences but as far as I've felt 5G. It's utter trash as of now (even after 2 years).

My last hope for 5G is Vi as they have the fastest 4G+ in my area and they are the best in terms of coverage in Rajasthan. Even if they can provide reliable 5G with stable network as it is in 4G. Even my basement gets Vi 4G+ at 60 Mbps while jio struggles with 10 Mbps and Airtel like 20-25 Mbps. Forget about BSNL H+.

They'll probably now upgrade 4G infra in my area as well for more throughput along with implementing 3CA. 5G will be cherry on top. That's why I feel this way. See, I'm not a vi "andbhakt" because there are times when I get frustrated (like sometimes it just connects to 900 Mhz and doesn't connect to 2CA until I turn on airplane mode on & off). But other than that till now I'm hiccup free. Anyways, this was my short take :)

PS wifi calling is the best in Vi when compared to all the other operators as my phones always stay in flight mode where Jio doesn't give vowifi in airplane mode and Airtel vowifi symbol goes and sometimes on its mood while Vi stays on always (I hate that Vi doesn't give SMS over Vowifi but that's fine as that's not useful for me). Even Vi calling in the basement works super fine without disconnections.

It's not about the speed, I travel a lot and I have found 5G to be usually more stable accompanied by lower latency as well.

For a heavy task like streaming, no doubt when one is stationary, VI on 4G works exceptionally well, but its routing is hot garbage.
Not sure about other areas, at least in metro cities like Mumbai, Pune and Bangalore, I did not have cellular range issue on any network.

For a common person, if you want to sell something to them at a higher price than the peers, then you would need something that will instantly grab their attention.
“Extensive and excellent 4G coverage with stable VoLTE and Vo-WiFi”, is passive and unless you get into the environment, one would have no clue.

These likes of Jio and Airtel know that, hence the hurry to launch 5G as soon as possible.

Last edited:
I was recharging IR pack for a friend and I think I have found out the reason, why Jio Vo-WIFI doesn’t work on Airplane mode.

Cuz it’s paywalled! lol!

IMG-4243.jpg

Back after a week of holiday from this forum 😅.

Back