Vodafone India 4G LTE Launch

• Thread starter Thread starter Weir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 6,512
ISP
BSNL
Vodafone India will start trials for fourth-generation (4G) services later this year, though the country's No. 2 mobile phone operator continues to focus on expanding its 3G coverage amid surging data growth, its chief technology officer said.
The Indian unit of UK's Vodafone Group has yet to decide on the location for starting trials, Vishant Vora said in Pune Wednesday. It will ready itself to launch 4G in the five circles where it won 5 Mhz or more of airwaves in the 1800 Mhz band in the February auctions, but will start operations only when 4G-enabled cheaper mobile devices are readily available. The five circles are Delhi, Karnataka, Kerala, Kolkata and Mumbai.
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/telecom/vodafone-india-to-start-4g-trials-this-year/articleshow/36807883.cms

Hello. When is Vodafone launching LTE in India? I can only see news but no follow up.

First improve your 3g network. Sucks in delhi compared to airtel or even reliance.

Last edited:
ya their 3G sucks. moreover, we dont have 4G ready devices yet.
unless there is market for 4G devices, there is no use for vodafone to invest in 4g

Just to update. In Bangalore Vodafone is laying a new OFC every where. But don't know the reason for it

Just to update. In Bangalore Vodafone is laying a new OFC every where. But don't know the reason for it
yes they are! they have unloaded BTS equipment and Fiber stirps with pipes in our office campus as well in electronic city. i was parking my car and hence asked them. they have confirmed that work is happening for new 4G BTS. its done by indus towers ltd and Airtel BTS will also be erected/shared. martein peter did confirmed after this yr auction that few circles including karnataka will be part of 4G rollout. Spectrum is already allotted in May in 1800MHz.

so get ready for Vodafone 4G

this is good news for my Megafon MR100-3 ( unlocked ) mi-fi device. It supports 1800Mhz band but not Airtel's 2300Mhz signal. None of major global telecom players use 2300Mhz, not sure why Airtel opted for that band. I am a Voda user already...so I will be able to test it with my device & my AT&T OneX phone.

Back