Vodafone India: Set up internet / GPRS on iphone - it worked

• Thread starter Thread starter broadband
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 155
  • Views Views 239,167
thnks alot quick response ...

I am using Prepaid sim and cc is saying no need to activate data plan on prepaid user just sync itunes from your system..

this will help or not ???

I would recommend that you select and activate a data plan. You can use it without a data plan too but the you would be charged the PAYG rate - 10p/10KB. that would turn out to be very expensive at the end of the day.

What is syncing with iTunes going to do for you? Vodafone CC will tell you a lot of things, especially when it comes to the iPhone. It is best to disregard their instructions, especially when it comes to the iPhone.

I would recommend that you select and activate a data plan. You can use it without a data plan too but the you would be charged the PAYG rate - 10p/10KB. that would turn out to be very expensive at the end of the day.

What is syncing with iTunes going to do for you? Vodafone CC will tell you a lot of things, especially when it comes to the iPhone. It is best to disregard their instructions, especially when it comes to the iPhone.

Thanks a lot ...

Do you any idea from where i can download map of India which can be used without connecting internet...and please tell me some other good application which i can download for i phone 4 .....

----------

Thanks a lot ...

Do you any idea from where i can download map of India which can be used without connecting internet...and please tell me some other good application which i can download for i phone 4 .....

and please metion which are free app and which are paid ..

Thanks a lot ...

----------

and please metion which are free app and which are paid ..

It depends on what you want to do on your device.. What kind/category of apps are you interested in? Knowing that would make it easier to recommend apps.

As a start.. If you need apps for chat, I use eBuddy Messenger Pro or IM+ Pro. You can be connected to all you gtalk, yahoo, Facebook and other accounts through one app. both of them also have free versions.
You have your Facebook and Twitter apps if you need those.
To stay connected to forums like this one you can use Tapatalk.
You can use the eBay app if you shop on that site a lot.
Read It Later is a good app for saving links that you want to access later and read on your own time (free version also available).

I can go on and on... But if I know what are you needs/interests I can recommend specific apps.

It depends on what you want to do on your device.. What kind/category of apps are you interested in? Knowing that would make it easier to recommend apps.

As a start.. If you need apps for chat, I use eBuddy Messenger Pro or IM+ Pro. You can be connected to all you gtalk, yahoo, Facebook and other accounts through one app. both of them also have free versions.
You have your Facebook and Twitter apps if you need those.
To stay connected to forums like this one you can use Tapatalk.
You can use the eBay app if you shop on that site a lot.
Read It Later is a good app for saving links that you want to access later and read on your own time (free version also available).

I can go on and on... But if I know what are you needs/interests I can recommend specific apps.

THANKS, U r great mahn :)

HOw and from where i can install theme ..tell me good site...and free themes and how to download ...

THANKS, U r great mahn :)

HOw and from where i can install theme ..tell me good site...and free themes and how to download ...

Since you are asking about themes, I am assuming your iPhone is jailbroken. If not, then you'll have to jailbreak it first. Once you've done that you can install Winterboard (an app that allows you to install themes) from Cydia. Then you can browse thru the Cydia repositories for Winterboard themes you can install. There are tons of them out there. Finally you will need to select the theme in the Winterboard app & respring your device.

If you want to try something different then you can install Dreamboard app and compatible themes. But most of the Dreamboard themes are not free.

I personally wouldn't recommend themes as it makes your device a little slower. But at the end it's your choice.

Since you are asking about themes, I am assuming your iPhone is jailbroken. If not, then you'll have to jailbreak it first. Once you've done that you can install Winterboard (an app that allows you to install themes) from Cydia. Then you can browse thru the Cydia repositories for Winterboard themes you can install. There are tons of them out there. Finally you will need to select the theme in the Winterboard app & respring your device.

If you want to try something different then you can install Dreamboard app and compatible themes. But most of the Dreamboard themes are not free.

I personally wouldn't recommend themes as it makes your device a little slower. But at the end it's your choice.

I have tried to installed Winterbroad from Cydia, but installation was complete and i wasa not able to c the winterbroad icon in my i phone

I have tried to installed Winterbroad from Cydia, but installation was complete and i wasa not able to c the winterbroad icon in my i phone

Check in Settings.. You should see an option for Winterboard there.

Hi,

I have gone through the forum quite extensively. thanks for your inputs. although i do consider myself a noob, i am a bit confused here.
I have just moved to mumbai and i am on vodafone and i am on PrePaid
This is the link to the vodafone connect website for mumbai Mobile Connect - Internet through Mobile | Vodafone Mumbai

Now i have an unlocked iPhone 4 which is currently not on any data plan. Just correct me if i am wrong here for the steps which are to be followed..

1. I top up for Rs. 95 ie 2 gb for 1 month (or do i require any other subscription to go with it)
2. Use the unlock nz website and input all apn, etc
3. Now this is the part where i am confused..Will 95 rs on prepaid let me use all my apps, browse, etc on gprs with your suggested hack or will i be billed 10p/10kb? What i believed was iphone required a 'special subscription'..So will this hack ensure that the iphone could work under the gprs plan for 95 bucks?

Thanks in advance mate

Back