Vodafone India: What is difference between Vodafone Live and Vodafone Mobile Connect

• Thread starter Thread starter madhur_ahuja
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 53,968
Mobile phone companies are too short-sighted to see that mainstream popular usage of mobile internet is in their best interests in the long term. Hence we have shitty gprs plans, and no 3G (because of that and the govt. in the latter case).

i would blame it on the lack of availability of bandwidth to give away to mobile users. :) i don't think mobile service providers can ignore it any longer with these new generation phones which are internet capable...airtel could be blamed. they have the international gateways. they have the bandwidth... they should be the one using their resources to provide cheap bandwidth on mobile phones... not sure about vodafone. they are not an ISP so they are perhaps buying it from other players... bsnl or mtnl? duh. or maybe its a spectrum problem. the networks are already so chocked that internet makes it worse?

there are hidden pricing for GPRS on vodaphone, one of my friend in uttar pradesh pays Rs.499/mo for unlimited access, he gets stable 50-56kbps constant, no outages, if he's connected the connection would last as long its not dis-connected. he's happy with his laptop being constantly connected to it all day long. however the other side of story is 111 says they don't have that plan, Iam on their network when it was essarcellphone (TRING) and this really sucks that they offer it to one and not to other, might need to ask someone to help if i needed this enabled but iam seriously looking at blackberry option if not the iPhone.

what i found vodafone connect sucks big time..:ashamed:
reason..
I activated it on 24th july 199/month rental...n first day...i forgot to turn off automatic updates..:cry:.n 20 mb data was downloaded till i realized.. its did cost me 100 rs!!!
its ok for normal surfing but that too sucks because of ultimate slow speed...:redface:
now i got my bill..n now i am pissed off..:wall:.i deactivated the services on 3rd aug...but my bill was generated on 2nd aug..:whistle:.and it had amount 76 (last month rental) + 199 current month rental + 176 usage charges.. (I did some chatting n orkutting thts it..:dance:)
so finally it did cost me 451 that is for 8 days + sucking speed + no downloading + everything tht u can do on net......:confused:

Surfing is good on handset is fine and less costly... for urgent usage..

and guess what...now i am unable to unsubscribe this f****** :wall:vodafone mobile connect from my services...n those crappy customer care guys are not picking the phone....

I am trapped...:mad:

For Corporate Plans.. Vodafone Connect is 199/Month for unlimited usage. BUt the speed is pathetic even in cities where EDGE is available. But good for connecting to internet on your laptop when you are travelling.

and guess what...now i am unable to unsubscribe this f****** :wall:vodafone mobile connect from my services...n those crappy customer care guys are not picking the phone....

I am trapped...:mad:

Send CAN VMC199 OR CAN VMC499 to 111 toll free
as per your monthly rental of VF Mobile connect.
It will get auto discontinued.

Yes I had this issue since they said VAS-Value Add Services(where is the value in it?)
-Caller Tunes,GPRS,Mobile internet,etc
can only be discontinued or subscribed via SMS from that phone only
or by logging in online on MyVodafone account

i am using Sony ericsson p1i, network provider is vodafone, mobile contant is connected in my pc, it shows VodaGPRS is connedted 115 kpbs... but i cannot browse websites... help me pls.

do call vodafone cust care for assistance they would realy solve your problem me too had a prob in connecting to vodafonelive i had lodged a complaint and they solved my prob but after 3 days so i suggest u to do this :happy:

Back