Vodafone network quality has degraded quite a bit in recent weeks around the country

• Thread starter Thread starter Nishant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 7,118
Hi. I'm getting no network. I get 1-2 bars only at the streets now. I used to get 1-2 bars at my home. Now's no-signal always.

What do we do now? It's totally shit network now.

@Aakash Malhotra What do you say? We both have same case.

I am using Idea for many years now. Recently 2-3 times I found that when I reach home, there is no signal at all!
I actually had very good signal for Idea and internet speed on 3G was also very good (before 4G arrived), and for that reason I had ported my Vodafone to Idea 2-3 years back.
After merger instead of getting better, Network is going worse it seems.

It seems that they are reducing towers to reduce cost.

If Idea and Vodafone towers are close by then they remove (deactivate) one of the tower to save cost.

So more people on same tower and hence worse network.

Read somewhere that Idea Vodafone need to shed customers in few circles so they are within 50% customer share limit per circle. May be this is the way to lose customers :D

wow.

i dont want to switch to airtel because their signal strength is very poor around my house.

cant switch to jio because phone only supports 3g.

i guess complaining to vodafone about this will be useless.

Instead on spending money on improving network infrastructure, they are spending on advertising. I saw Andheri Station of Mumbai metro covered with the new hoardings advertising the merger.

Hi Guys, who so ever is complaining of weak coverage and poor speeds on Idea and Vodafone can stay with the situation for a while as VIL is currently focusing on removing duplicate infra(Cellsite/BTS). Parallely they are optimising signal and adding more spectrum which is freed from Duplicate network. In coming days you will definitely see difference but if not then you assume that your area has fallen in grey spot and will never improve, then you can decide to switch to other operator.. But don't do it now... have patience as evolved network will be larger and better in terms of capacity...

It seems that they are reducing towers to reduce cost.

If Idea and Vodafone towers are close by then they remove (deactivate) one of the tower to save cost.

So more people on same tower and hence worse network.
Yes for time being but the same removed RSU(Radio system Unit) will be added as additional capacity if congestion is happening on same site. But in this process they will save rental cost... THAT'S the plan...

I don't know when their rationalisation will get over. Nowadays I am getting very weak 4g network on Vodafone in most of the places. Hence I have switched off 4g and using 3g only. But since they have upgraded lot of 3G sites to 4g, I end up getting only 2G.

Hey! I think moving to other operators would be the best bet since they aren't improving their quality and the network coverage. I wouldn't miss business calls just because my telecom operator is fucked up.

Don't hesitate to move to other operators.

Back