Vodafone network quality has degraded quite a bit in recent weeks around the country

• Thread starter Thread starter Nishant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 7,118
They are working on improving it, but this is going to take time. My office building had both idea and vodafone towers and they recently removed the equipment of idea. So they are going to restructure and consolidate their whole network, add the spectrum and then improve the service but its a massive task and would take 2- 3 months or more. I will wait a little longer and eventually port out if there's no improvement.

I am facing bad network coverage of Vodafone since 4-5 years and recently it has been worst.

I don't care if it's going to improve because I already ported.

Vodafone is literally finished here in the north (JK, HP, PB,HR). No proper 4g network and hence customers moving away. Even BSNL has better 3g coverage in HP than voda-idea 4G.

From 2 days I am having vodafone network issues here. Only single bar in network. Frequent call drops.

They could have at least launched VoWiFi. But nope.

They could have at least launched VoWiFi. But nope.
They have technical limitations to launch vowifi. Many of their idea /voda base stations do not support latest IMS protocol in tier 3/4 places, thereby switching calls between vowifi and cellular networks.It’s old equipment . Plus some latest IMS core deployment is required in their OSS layer which requires significant investment . They don’t have money now. Currently they are only fulfilling existing network merger orders with their equipment vendors like Nokia, Ericsson etc.

nokia is their volte provider and they were doing poc to test vowifi on their network but voda idea did not proceed with the order

@socrates Here in kerala areas where in VIL has completed their network integration ,nobody not airtel or jio can beat them with download ,upload speeds ,indoor coverage. They are way more superior in these aspects. Peak times also u face no congestion getting 10 mbps at that times , whereas jio and airtel becomes panifully slow here . They cannot be blamed beacause they have less amounts of spectrum as compared to VIL who has abundant amounts of spectrum such that they are still running 3g on band 1 even after integration is complete.But in some of areas they are to complete their integration there we faces problems.

Good to hear that they are good in some locations. But it's still too early to tell afterall it a question of money now & that they don't have enough. ☹
Only time will tell.

Back