• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 14,233

puneet_84

ISP
airtel
hello,
i am old customer of Vodafone in maharashtra circle,
now i am relocating to another state....
i have a 249 voice + 850 3G plan at present...
i would like to retain the connection and use the 3G plan on my phone as a second SIM...
but as i was told there are [color=#ff0000;]NO[/color] 0 rental plans in my home circle at present.
so what would be the best future course for me...
should i disconnect or ask for retention plan for 0 rental....
i am interested to have this number permanently with me...

any ideas???
With regards
Dr. Puneet Maheshwari
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon

you can migrate to prepaid plan......

I did same, I wanted number, so I simply migrated from Postpaid to Prepaid. Now using this sim for 3G only.

hello @SVK and @Saikar83
i thought of that but there is a problem...
i am relocating to MP state...
there vodafone do not have 3G permission...
and as per the Supreme court orders, vodafone can continue to provide 3G services to old customers in the circles where they do not have the spectrum...
so if i migrate to prepaid it will be considered as a new connection and i will not have the 3G access...
so i have only 3 options
1) continue with same plan... which i am not willing to do
2) discontinue the connection and loose the number
3) get some retention plan with 0 rental and continue the number
i have also mailed the customer service today will wait for their response....
i also want to know if anyone knows of any retention plans in maharastra circle

If you are changing circle, and activated 3G in home circle, then move to another circle. Then you should get 3G on roaming. That is allowed by Govt, as it is official roaming. Vodafone would use 3G network of some other operator, and your mobile will display roaming signal.
Govt has stopped operators from providing 3G in circle where they don't have license (like Airtel was doing in Maharashtra by selling 3G riding on Vodafone or Idea 3G network).
If you simply change number to Prepaid and recharge once in 6 months, that would be sufficient to keep number alive :)
I kept my number active and in working state for 2 years while I was in UK :D

yes in my recent trip to mahabaleswar with airtel delhi 3g sim, data pack was working on vodafone 3g network there as airtel dont have 3g in maharashtra. for 2g it come back on airtel mh network.

Back