Vodafone SIM Card and Roaming

• Thread starter Thread starter Crazysah
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 55
  • Views Views 27,352
If u say ur sim is lost/stolen, u will have to submit an FIR report..............

Dude thats old news guys(u had to do that years ago)............My Mom lost her Phone in the train about 6 weeks ago
She called me from a PCO and I called 111 oh her behalf,and asked for SIM to be blocked
They asked me her normal verification questions :-
[*]Date of Birth
[*]Billing Address
[*]Alternate contact Number......etc
[/list]NO FIR REQUIRED............People used to complain that getting an FIR was worse than losing the phone........Also Police never registered FIRs and made u run around saying its a Railway Police jurisdiction,Not under this police station,Go here,Go there
Also NO FIR's were ever given for LOST phones,and how do u prove that its stolen and not just dropped from ur pocket,etc

We went the same evening,and I thought I'd have to pay Rs.99....But it was a free replacement,Only my MOM had to show her Photo ID(PAN Card) and sign on the form
In and out of the shop in less than 15 minutes

free sim replacement? thats cool!but ideally shouldnt the customer have to pay for the sim?

in the past,that was the case.......so i thought paying and giving FIR was normal.Now FIR is not required, and also No need to pay if the SIM is lost or faulty(As Long as its not due to you)hence I am happy with the new policy thats easier on my pocket............I don't like asking the questions that may not be to my advantage..... :rofl:

it is quite strange. these mobile operators look for all kinds of ways to extract money from you and here they are giving free sims? they could just simply say "you lost it, you pay!"

I think If its LOST then you have to Pay...
But if you say Its STOLEN,then they don't wanna punish you more.......
LOL :rofl: Its a free replacement as a
"I hope this makes u feel better and in some way diminishes the Loss of expensive cell Phone and all the Data and memories"
Gesture

^^^Haha, thats news, Free Sim replacement, Cool...............Thanks for enlightening all of us.......and sorry to hear that ur mom lost her cell phone.........

when i had gone to the store to buy a new phone for myself 3 months back, my sis had realized that she lost her cell phone! we went the next day to the store and bought 2 phones. :(

heh. my new sim still has the Hutch logo. :Dbtw, i just saw a couple of mobile screenshots from other countries. it seems vodafone has the country initials at the end in all the countries. saw 'Vodafone IT' and 'Vodafone GR'.

Back