VoLTE not working on a Vodafone prepaid SIM

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 71
  • Views Views 22,339
ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
So, I have a Redmi Note 4 and a Vodafone prepaid sim. If this issue is related to the phone or the Vodafone network, I really don't know.

If I put my sim card in a different phone, like Samsung it shows VOLTE, but it doesn't on Note 4. I have tried changing the region from India to Bangladesh, and vice versa. didn't help. If I put a different Vodafone sim in this phone, it shows VOLTE.

Installed this app and it shows this:

1593092592888.webp

1593092652189.webp

What to do?

Last edited:
Solution
After answering the same questions over and over again (4 times), Twitter team seems to have escalated the issue and finally it is working now.

7AHKz6X.webp
As far as I remember I can make video calls from Vi 4G to another Vi 4G.

Upvote 0
Ok guys, any way to shut off those irritating flash messages from VI? This is a prepaid SIM and they bombard the user with useless updates when everything you need is in the app.

Upvote 0
Thanks, but I can't find the sim toolkit in this handset..it's a Samsung Galaxy M12. There's something called 'push messages' which I have turned off. Fingers crossed.

PS - Got it...it's called "VodafoneIdea" instead of sim tool kit. Hope those pesky messages go away.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I also faced the issue last month while swapping the old vodafone sim to new vi sim after calling to customer care they activated volte immediately after security checks on my account now working fine..

Upvote 0
What security check do they perform, any idea?

Upvote 0
@Venku oh I see, because they didn't ask me any questions. Just went ahead and flicked a software switch. The CSR said the handset would automatically switch to VoLTE. Of course, I had to enable it on the handset.

All this is enabled by default on Jio and Airtel. Wonder why this is unique to VI.

Upvote 0
Yea, sometimes volte doesn't activate automatically after a new sim is activated but calling the customer cares solves the problem, and it gets activated within 6 hours.

Upvote 0

Back