VoLTE on Vodafone India

@amish, Many things these incumbents operators never mentioned and does business in shoddy way. This is not new, hence please get used to it. This trend will follow even after getting tight slap from Jio but its dogs tail which will never get straightened...

Finally VoLTE icon appeared. It was random. Just noticed it. Dont know when it appeared.

No I havent got time to test VoLTE!

I had put it on 3G/2G mode because I was expecting important call and knowing that 4G network was buggy I didnt want to take risk.

I will test this weekend.

My exp with Vodafone volte between 2 volte enabled phones is that when you call each other, is that you hear a engaged tone in your earpiece even though it's ringing at the other end. So I went to a Vodafone store & the 'solution' they had was to switch off the LTE slider switch option on both phones & now I can hear the original ringing sound in the earpiece. I was bluntly told their volte service is v problematic.

Airtel 4g is even worse.
I cannot even call on landlines and customer care numbers.
I just get beep sound which you get if you dial invalid number and call doesn't go through.
I have to switch my network to 2g and then it works.

I think this might be why Google has still not implemented VoLTE support for Vodafone, Airtel and Idea on Pixels.

I did hear that it is coming soon, probably next month.

I believe airtel switches to h+ for voice calls on my phone. No VoLTE on my phone.

Back