VPN issue with BSNL FTTH

• Thread starter Thread starter PranjalT
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 7,979
ISP
BSNL FTTH || ACT Fibernet
Okay, so I took BSNL mainly to work from home. Am in my HomeTown now(Assam) and we have to work on our client's environment(on VMware) and before that, we have to connect to our VPN as per company policy. So this issue started last week, am not getting speed(super slow) while connected to our Bangalore VPN and VMware shows super lag and sometimes crashes. I tried without any VPN and the issue persists. Then I tried with our US-based VPN and it worked like charm with very good speed. However, I can't work on US-based VPN due to company policy so need help to fix this issue with B'lore VPN.

Another thing I observed is that while doing speed tests with Bangalore servers(with and without VPN) most of the time I got very low speed. Maybe there's some kind of congestion in the traffic or a routing issue towards Bangalore. I have attached a snapshot.

Also, my ONT is the Syrotec 1110-WDONT, and someone in the previous thread having a similar issue got it fixed after getting an Archer C6 in bridge mode.

Need suggestions from you guys on this, please.

Attachments

• BGL17 VPN.webp
    BGL17 VPN.webp
    29 KB · Views: 383
  • No VPN Bangalore.webp
    No VPN Bangalore.webp
    28.9 KB · Views: 428
  • US VPN.webp
    US VPN.webp
    29.1 KB · Views: 388
Very strange. Speeds seem fine on my end. I don't have additional router. Mine is a Digisol DG-GR1321.

9750063683.png
9750067262.png

Upvote 0
Pings , these days of BSNL Fiber are not even comparable to other fiber providers
It feels like we are on a DSL Modem.. Honestly who gets 50-60 ms or 120 ms on a Fiber connection

@PranjalT . You really need to contact your local BSNL guys
Some major problem is there in your network

Ask your neighbor or your friend in your closest radius with the exact connection if they are experiencing the same issues.
Do some Traceroute and Ping Tests to the BSNL Gateway. Check for packet losses.
Contact Technical Officers of BSNL in the head department

Also BSNL being run by government , cannot give a competition with private players
Why ?
1. Because BSNL has employees which stay same over the years(govt)
These are old age employees and on the verge of getting retired.
2.They are running in severe losses
3.No one guides or teaches them about Routing , Efficient Configuration , Proper Data Management

I want to share a review of my location
Being a User , my connection went down for 15 mins in-between the range of 12-1:00 pm . I asked them why does it happen ? They say in ...everytime they provide a new connection ...for updating configuration in their switch they bring the whole city internet down.
This is the condition of BSNL . Nowadays this has reduced as they do configuration differently i think. This shows they are difficult to adapt to new technology.

The thing is nowadays , we cannot bring in any stranger to our house due to Coronavirus.
So getting them to fix , if any Hardware issue on your router is still a big task

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's just how it is in these parts of the country. Close to 50 ms is the best we get. 120ms and no speed seems like a problem though.

Capture.webp

Upvote 0
I believe there some sort of traffic congestion or poor routing config from Assam to Bangalore cause if I check during off hours I do get good speed. And as usual the LCO is clueless about it and I don't have any contact of the BSNL NOC. :-(

Upvote 0
Alright, so the issue has started again. I tried all means to notify bsnl but no help till now. Little bit frustrated here. :-(

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200716-124549__01.webp
    Screenshot_20200716-124549__01.webp
    67.8 KB · Views: 322
  • Screenshot_20200716-124634__01.webp
    Screenshot_20200716-124634__01.webp
    52.3 KB · Views: 282
Upvote 0

Back