VPN to Office Network which plan would be better ?

• Thread starter Thread starter sim_tcr
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1,965

sim_tcr

ISP
BSNL
Hi,

I am asked to provide weekend support for my project and need to work from home over the weekends; I will be doing a VPN connection to the office network.
Would Home 1000 plan work for me? I need good speed so that I can work on the applications just like I am in office (or faster than that)
In this Home 1000 plan they have mentioned the speed as 334Kbps/ Upto 2 Mbps.what would be the average speed I will be getting?
I will be using this connection just for VPN. Approximately 100 hrs in a month. In that case will it cross 5 GB limit?

Regards
Simon

VPN requires higher bandwidths. 256kbps will be too slow for comfort. If you dont mind counting bytes everyday you can use home1000 with 5gb limit. Of course you would know the size of files you'll be downloading and uploading to your office server everyday, so you can do the math and know if 5gb would be enough or not.

any idea about the avg speed in home 1000 plan ? My main work will be on the servers (through RDP),so i dont think it will take much bandwith.I just want those RDP sessions very fast.for that home 1000 plan is ok right ? RegardsSimon

Back